Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got an OBD II Scanner, and i found some things

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Just got an OBD II Scanner, and i found some things

Hello all, i just got an OBD II scanner and i decided to hook it up to my 1998 audi a4 quattro even thought the check engine light is on. Well i connected it, and i got two eroor codes, and i was wondering if anyone would be able to run the codes and figure out what exactly the problem is. It tells me a brief description, but i don't have the slightest idea as to what it could mean. The two codes that come up are: P0103 and P1857. I don't have it connected up right now, so i couldn't tell you wut the codes are exactly, but if you guys would like me to i can hook it back up and give you what it is telling me.

Thank you all for your help, and i hope tohear from you guys soon.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Just got an OBD II Scanner, and i found some things

Did you just get a CEL? If you dont know when the last time the ecu was scanned, clear the codes and see if they / the CEL comes back.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

To tell you the truth i don't know when this car was last scanned, but i just erased the codes and the car isrunning smoothly again, i was having a problem accelerating, it seemed like it wasn't getting any gas, but after erasing these codes it seems to be respoding now. Next question is when will it run check everything again, and give me those codes again? Cani let it idel for a little while and see if the codes reappear?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Well guys i just went to start up my audi and the car jumped when i put it into gear, and felt like the brake was on, so i decided to scan it again, and came up with a different code this time it was P1250, a DTC code, and asks me to refer to the owners manual. I cleared the code just to see how the car would respond, and it was perfectly fine, engine wasn't jumping and when i gave it gas it went.

Any ideas as to what can be failing, so i don't get these codes anymore? Also the check engine light did not come on, i just decided to scan it for the heck of it.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 PM
4th Gear

P1250 fuel level too low
Reset and see if it returns.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

Ok great i do have low feul, its in the body shop right now, asi am having it repainted. They are just about done with it now, so any day now i will get it back. I did clear the code, and it hasn't come back now, so i will go fill it up as soon as i can.

Thank you so much for your help

Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys, so i went to the body shop to go take it for a spin, and put some gas in the car, and i saw the check engine light on again, and the car was doing the same thing as before. I figured it was just the fuel too low code, so i scanned the car, and i noticed the same two codes that had come up the first time. [:@]Well i cleared the codes again, but obviously there is a problem so the codes are P0103 and P1857. Anyone have any idea as to what these codes are for?

Thank you all for all of your help so far, hopefully we can figure this problem out so i don't have to bother you guys anymore.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

bump.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

I checked in Alldata and code P0103 is for a mass air flow sensor signal "too large". So start by checking there. The code P1857 is a load signal code. The code could be cause by a ECM or TCM fault. It can get very complicated from there. So you may need to take it to a qualified shop to have it checked out. Hope this helps alittle.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

P0103 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ High Input – firs of all check for boost leaks, use search for some tips on this.
P1857 - Load Signal Error Message from Engine Contr. – haven’t seen this one before.

Quick Reply: Just got an OBD II Scanner, and i found some things