Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N drop in

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear
Default K&N drop in

OK i tried finding (using the search) how to do the K&N drop in filter mod to the stock airbox...

I had a question about this before doing anything also...is the filter available through any big parts dealer (NAPA, Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc)
And what type of gains come from it, as opposed to a bought intake.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:16 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: K&N drop in

no gains, just a lil better throttle response. And they are just better quality than a regular paper one. I believe you can get them pretty much anywhere...o yea and you wont get any gains with those aftermarket intakes either.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

That's all I hear too..about the NA engines..not worth going out and getting an aftermarket Carbonic, etc intake because it's just not noticeable enough. I hear our stock airboxes are very sufficient. I may get a K & N anyway and see..its only like $50 and yes you can get it at major autopart stores..not sure if Napa's included. Schucks, Autozone, etc are choices.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys. any mods needed to get it to fit or is it a direct replacement filter?

Old 01-20-2006, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

It is a direct drop in, no fitting required. Make sure you get the right part number, you can go to K&N's website, and use thier custom fit program. Take the product number, and run a search on ebay, someone will ship it to you for free, and for cheap!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

I've read that if you use the drop in K&N to make a routine inspection of the filter, clean it, and oil it as needed - and it should be good to go. I think the part # is 33-2125. The filter is packaged in a sealed plastic bag and is oiled. You will need recharge kit for maintenance. Will be installing one when time comes to do tuneup.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Old 01-20-2006, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

And you can buy the recharger kit for like 10 or 15 bucks...you want to clean I believe every 15k miles (at least I did w/ my k&n filter w/ my Iceman CAI in my honda). Its very simple to put in, and to clean it doesn't take very long either (maybe like 10 min then dry time).

Old 01-20-2006, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

i dont think its every 15k ... more like 50k ... i just recently got one and i could tell a lil difference ... the dead zone was a lil smaller ... the biggest difference was in sound .... the stock audi filter made the engine sound like it was trying but couldn't do it ... k&n help out alot i think .... and better gas milleage

Old 01-20-2006, 03:04 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Kobe Diesel

I've read that if you use the drop in K&N to make a routine inspection of the filter, clean it, and oil it as needed - and it should be good to go. I think the part # is 33-2125. The filter is packaged in a sealed plastic bag and is oiled. You will need recharge kit for maintenance. Will be installing one when time comes to do tuneup.

Hope this helps.

Tim
i would actually reccomend not oiling it, i would just leave it the way it is and when the time comes to recharge the filter, throw it away and buy a new one, yea it seems like a waste but the most common thing to do to those filters after recharging them is over oiling. too much oil is bad because it will clog your MAF and force you to buy a new one and trust me they are not cheap.

i have an intake and i ran the filter for around 30k miles, threw it away and bought a new one, if you think about it $50 a year if that is not too bad.

Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys.... so get the k&n but dont oil... and then when time to get a new one rolls around. toss it and get a new one? gotcha

Quick Reply: K&N drop in