Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer didn't fill coolant upto Max.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 04:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Dealer didn't fill coolant upto Max.

I just got my 15K mile service done on my 2014 Audi A4 from one of the dealer in Orange County, California. The dealer didn't fill the coolant till the MAX. Please advise me what should I do? I live 55 miles away from the location. I am attaching the image of the coolant level. Dealer is telling me to come and they can top it off but for such a small top off I don't want to drive 110 miles round trip.

Aren't they supposed to fill it till the MAX? Please advise what would be best option in this scenario.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Dealer didn't fill coolant upto Max.-coolant.jpg  
Old 06-13-2015, 09:08 AM
2nd Gear

The level your at is fine as long as you are not lossing coolent. That is why there is a Min and Max mark. If it starts dropping closer to the Min then I would start to think about topping it off.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. But aren't they supposed to fill it till the MAX? Just to mention, the level image was taken when the car was cold.
Originally Posted by rhodes991
The level your at is fine as long as you are not lossing coolent. That is why there is a Min and Max mark. If it starts dropping closer to the Min then I would start to think about topping it off.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

They could have, but it doesn't really matter. When an engine is warm sometimes the fluid will read lower as the engine is pumping it around. When they car is stopped and it can show a little higher. When I was working on cars I would have looked at that and checked it off as fine. Wouldn't have been low enough for me to mess with. If it stays at that level I wouldn't wworry about and just make sure it gets topped off next time.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:21 AM
1st Gear

Thanks again. One more question. Are they supposed to fill fresh coolant or just top it off up to MAX? I am wondering if there is a standard procedure fill new coolant rather just like changing Engine Oil completely?

Originally Posted by rhodes991
They could have, but it doesn't really matter. When an engine is warm sometimes the fluid will read lower as the engine is pumping it around. When they car is stopped and it can show a little higher. When I was working on cars I would have looked at that and checked it off as fine. Wouldn't have been low enough for me to mess with. If it stays at that level I wouldn't wworry about and just make sure it gets topped off next time.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:23 AM
2nd Gear

They will just top it off. Coolant last a long time with out a need to be changed. If you have the system flushed they would replace the coolant with new at that time. Same procedure as when your washer fluid gets low. Just add nore until it's full.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

wow such a tragedy. Lol are you not capable of topping up the small amount yourself. ( you've got to be American)