Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of questions for newbie!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Lots of questions for newbie!!

Hi guys and gals, a newbie im afraid so apologise in advance if the following questions are obvious

Have just bought a 96 A4 Avant estate with the 1.8 petrol engine, when viewing the car i tried the heaters (has the elecrtric AC panel) and i heard the fans come on so thought nothing more of it.

After purchasing the car and driving home couldnt get it to blow out any cold air, or any air for that matter, if i move the temp control on the electronic panel I can feel a difference in heat in the air that is slightly wafting through the vents, for about 5 mins i got it to blow air but that was it. At a standstill and with the engine off I can hear the electrics moving motors etc when i select the different settings ie footwell, window etc but cant get it to blow air, is this a simple fix like a fuse or relay or do I need a new heater box or fan?!

The other problem I have found is the passenger electric window dosent work, no noises, clicks, grinds or smoke! Just dosent work on either driver switch or passenger switch, any ideas?!

And finally driving in the dark last night have noticed that the bottom half of the speedometer dial and the needle is not lit and theerefore finding it very hard to see what speed im doing, is fitting a new bulb an easy fix or does the whole dash have to come out?!

Sorry for the essay and the multitude of questions but any help or advice would be greatly apreciated!!

Cheers Dan