AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   MPG APR Stage I+ vs Stock (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/mpg-apr-stage-i-vs-stock-34448/)

Agro 06-19-2006 02:57 AM

MPG APR Stage I+ vs Stock

So I got my ECU upgraded from stock to APR Stage 1+ yesterday.
I had been driving it around all weekend really enjoying the power increase. I was getting about 15mpg.
I gassed up my car in the OC and drove back to San Diego. Before I drove back I put the car back in map#1 (stock). During that 80 mile ride I average 29.1mpg. Tomorrow morning before I make the 23 mile trek to work I will put it back in map#2 (chipped) and see what kind of milage I get. I will try to not "get on it" but instead try to drive it pretty normal. I sure hope I at least get 23-24mpg. If I am anywhere in the teens, I think I will probably be putting it in map#1 for commuting as thats $$$ saved.

I'll post up tomorrow......

PandaXpress 06-19-2006 03:07 AM

RE: MPG APR Stage I+ vs Stock

u know when u upgrade the injectors it messes up ur mileage sensor rite, its not true anymore

Agro 06-19-2006 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

u know when u upgrade the injectors it messes up ur mileage sensor rite, its not true anymore
Reeaalllyyyy????
Anyone else confirm this?
I wonder if its just off only when I am in chipped or off in both then (if thats true).

When I asked the guys at EuroCode about MPG they said that I probably would get about the same if not a little better MPG. Hmm...

PandaXpress 06-19-2006 03:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Agro

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

Reeaalllyyyy????
Anyone else confirm this?
I wonder if its just off only when I am in chipped or off in both then (if thats true).

When I asked the guys at EuroCode about MPG they said that I probably would get about the same if not a little better MPG. Hmm...
no just the trip computer will be way off when it tells u ur mileage

Beer Mod 06-19-2006 03:26 AM

Yes that is true your gauge is fuked now....

evoic 06-19-2006 03:44 AM

[sm=owned.gif]

Just kidding, heh heh.
If that's the case, then you'll have to do it the old fashioned way by dividing miles traveled by used fuel.

Caculator anyone?

dan 06-19-2006 04:10 AM

yep, the ECU calculates the fuel mpg display based off how much fuel it things it's sending through the stock injectors. When you change them out you're no longer going to get an accurate display, since it's not measuring the actual fuel through the injectors

You can change the fuel adaption with Vag to be up to a 15% differences from stock (higher and lower by 15%) but it's still going to be way off.

Mine currently says 30MPG, which is just *not* true :)

Agro 06-19-2006 05:08 AM

Interesting.
I am going to have to just gas it up, then check the milage, re-gas, and do the math.

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: dan

yep, the ECU calculates the fuel mpg display based off how much fuel it things it's sending through the stock injectors. When you change them out you're no longer going to get an accurate display, since it's not measuring the actual fuel through the injectors

You can change the fuel adaption with Vag to be up to a 15% differences from stock (higher and lower by 15%) but it's still going to be way off.

Mine currently says 30MPG, which is just *not* true :)

wad22 09-03-2006 02:15 PM

so what kind or mileage did you end up with?

Agro 09-03-2006 02:33 PM

I drive my car like a madman :P I think i get about 21-22mpg. I love hearing my turbo spool up, then the DV. What can I say, right? One of these days I am going to try driving it like a normal (what is normal exactly?) person would. haha

ORIGINAL: wad22

so what kind or mileage did you end up with?