Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my audi is hot..hot...hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
1st Gear
Default my audi is hot..hot...hot

recently preformed oil change with royal purple. I am from CT and it has been as hot as redgoat's mom's breath.. My car sounds really weird when its warming up. Is this standard for 1.8t's in hot weather. (i am just kidding about redgoats moms breath i dont know him but am jealous of his new car)

Old 07-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: my audi is hot..hot...hot

ORIGINAL: blkapra4

recently preformed oil change with royal purple. I am from CT and it has been as hot as redgoat's mom's breath.. My car sounds really weird when its warming up. Is this standard for 1.8t's in hot weather. (i am just kidding about redgoats moms breath i dont know him but am jealous of his new car)
weird start up noise could be your 2ndary air pump going. Dont worry about it, eventually it will die and it wont even make a difference. Its there just for cleaner emisions at start up for the first minute or so. No biggie. When it does die, youll get a cel, and if you have vag com, you can make it so the cel goes away without actually fixing that worthless peice of **** part. Not worth $250 to replace for 1 mintute of cleaner emisions on every cold start up if you ask me.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

sweet

Old 07-25-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

lol... somebody could care less about the environment.. j/k
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

weird start up noise could be your 2ndary air pump going. Dont worry about it, eventually it will die and it wont even make a difference. Its there just for cleaner emisions at start up for the first minute or so. No biggie. When it does die, youll get a cel, and if you have vag com, you can make it so the cel goes away without actually fixing that worthless peice of **** part. Not worth $250 to replace for 1 mintute of cleaner emisions on every cold start up if you ask me.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

where in CT do you live... Im from the New Haven area... more specifically Northford aka North Branford
ORIGINAL: blkapra4

Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
1st Gear

wallingford

Old 07-25-2006, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

you ever been to momentum tuning

Old 07-25-2006, 09:52 PM
3rd Gear

yea that place rocks the guys there are really nice.. you live like literally 5 minutes from me.. i live right near Rt 150 so wallingford is a stone throw away