Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a night

Old 05-29-2005, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear
Default What a night

So my clutch came friday, and I have no patience so I grabbed a bite to eat, packed my car full of tools and went back to work where we have a nice sized barn. I began installing it at 8:30pm friday and finished at 10:30am saturday I took no breaks and no naps. The actual clutch was done by about 4:30am, and then I started on other things such as exhaust work, oil change, and finishing up my ves. Here's some pics.

Here's my homebrew skidplate which I finally got pics of. I had heard of people trying to make them but having problem with increased oil temps so I put the holes in it and kind bent them so they scoup up air. My oil temps havent changed in over a yr, and if it wasnt for this plate I surely would have been through a couple oil pans.

My maf collection, stock 1.8t (2.44"id?), vr6 (2.75id"), s4(3id"). The 1.8t and s4 are maxed out

Homebrew downpipe with ves installed...dont look at the welds, all I have is some crappy 120v a/c non gas mig machine

Overall impressions. The clutch install was pretty simple, just time consuming, I also installed a new throughout bearing...better safe then sorry. Its a southbend dxd ofe, and its extremly light peddle feel and catches at the very very bottom. It grabs very quickly over much less peddle travel then the stock one. I actually left rubber by accident a couple times on the way home. The ves is very very droany when it opens but thats because i have no downturn and its blowing straight into the trans tunnel right now. That will be changed this afternoon. I have a monstrous crack in my exhaust manifold so I havent driven it, and I will be ordering parts for my new tubular manifold tomorrow, finally. Once my 500mi break in is complete I will post some real impressions on everything.

Anyways not many more things on the list, the car is almost done. Up next is s4 sideskirts, a paintgun so that I can learn to paint, on the sideskirt and my crappy rear bumper, a new o2 sensor, new control arms, new abs control module, big brakes, and something programming related. Once thats done, I will be getting my next project car/ultimate sleeper

Old 05-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned
Default RE: What a night

ur a damn maniac tom...mass dedication and props to u. o ya and y didnt u get the lwfw

Old 05-29-2005, 07:17 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks, chose to not get the lwfw cause i already have a hard time launching, and the less inertia from a lwfw would just make it harder. I had one on my jetta and at first loved it, but it got old kinda fast

Old 05-29-2005, 07:25 PM
3rd Gear

WOW....Tom...you are truly a mad man...but in a a damn good way....yea...WOW

--E

Old 05-29-2005, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

speaking of a lwfw, I use to have one on my 99 SVT Contour and that thing was amazing, totally transformed that car. I plan to get a lwfw for the A4 as well, i experienced real performance from the Fidanza as opposed to exhuast, intake etc on the quarter. In fact everyone on contour.org dissed a lightweight flwheel, mass etc etc and all of a sudden they all started buying them when the real life numbers came in.

Some serious work there Tom, good job.

Eric

Old 05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
2nd Gear

Holy crap! And the car still works!? You one badass Tom!

Serious props!

-T

Old 05-29-2005, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

haha yea if i tried that there would be no way the car would move when i was done.... sweet work

Old 05-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Administrator

i give u props man, some one got mad skills
your car is god like

Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

Hahaha, thanks guys, the car gets more fun every week, hopefully soon it will be 100% complete

Old 05-30-2005, 12:17 AM
6th Gear

It will never be 100% complete.

Nice work!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What a night