Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need link for diy Abs Module fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Default Need link for diy Abs Module fix

There used to be a link floating around the web with detailed instructions on how to fix this mo. Of course I didn't need it then...but now I do.
ANyone seen the link or have any idea how to find it would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching for 4 days.
Apparently it's only a matter of one of the pins in the connector going bad (9 times out of 10) and if you can solder the right wire to the right pin it will be fixed.

Thanks for the help.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Need link for diy Abs Module fix

OMG!! Somebody post this!

Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

I need this too.

Up

Old 06-10-2005, 01:00 AM

Yeah, there's got to be about 5000 of us out here that need this link.
I believe it was up on the audi world tech. boards. I've sinced searched there and some minor bentley manual boards stuff but to no avail.

Perhaps it was a goof and they pulled it down. Though it was pretty indepth to be a rouse. There were pix and such.

Anyone...anyone...

Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM

This is from a post I found. But this isn't the original one I found months back.

"There is a nice description of how to check wiring to the ABS controller in Bentley - basically, you need to check resistance between different pins in the harness going to the ABS controller - Bentley gives the correct #'s to look for (there are ~50 different pins)...

As it turns out, I was supposed to see 9-22ohms between pins 5+3 on the ABS controller wiring harness - there was none! (Pin 5 actually is the pin going to the ABS inlet valve, N101)....

Resistance between all other pins (as descibed in Bentley) was within spec.

Anyway, we pulled the wiring harness going to the ABS pump and found many wires - one of which was the same wire that was supposed to go to pin 5 of the ABS controller harness. Continuity was checked for a number of different wires and found to be fine in all wires, except, the one in question.

Well, I have NO idea how this particular wire could have been cut/crimped/destroyed but somehow it was.

We basically ran a wire from the correct position on the harness going to the ABS pump back to the harness going to the ABS controller and - voila - it was fixed!!!!

(I took some pics but don't have my camera with me right now)

I've also come across posts where people have had their ABS controller replaced without success (an approx. $1000 part) - perhaps some people are having a similar wiring problem.

Again, I have no clue how the wire broke or where the break was (it is really hard to trace all those wires - you'll see if you look under the back seat).

Just a few suggestions if you decide to try to check this out on your car:

You obvioulsy need a VAG-COM to check for ABS codes to give you some guidance on where to start looking.

You need to have the procedure to re-code the ABS controller soft code and reset the steering angle sensor which somehow gets messed up when you remove the ABS controller - I have the procedure if you need it (just not in front of me at the moment).

Bentley was needed to see which pins meant what in the ABS controller wiring harness and to tell you which pins to check resistance between and which pins to jump with which pins if you decide to run a check on the ABS inlet valves themselves.

I guess I was lucky to find that the wire in question was located in an easy to get to spot.....

I'm out of warranty and cannot even begin to imagine what the dealership would have charged me to diagnose and fix this problem.

Oh, total cost of the repair - $1 worth of wire, not including the 2 hours it took to fix it, and a very expensive dinner I plan to buy for my helper!"

Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 PM
3rd Gear

Good info! I will be checking mine this weekend. If thats not the problem i will disect my control module and if i can fix it I'll post a diy!

Old 06-10-2005, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: krautexpress

You need to have the procedure to re-code the ABS controller soft code and reset the steering angle sensor which somehow gets messed up when you remove the ABS controller - I have the procedure if you need it (just not in front of me at the moment).

Yes please!

Old 10-25-2006, 12:44 PM

I currently don't own an Audi, but one of my buddys just bought a 2001 S4 and he has limited internet access. So, I am searching for him. I have another buddy who just bought a 1999 A4 and has an ABS issue. He just sent me the foillowing link for repairing this POS Bosch unit...It worked 100% for him so hopefully this is the link you all are looking for....I can't take the credit, but I will pass it along to help other peeps in need...

Just talked to my buddy who fixed his...he said if anyone is interested he can do the fix for a small fee...

contact him here:
shawnkubik@comcast.net

Audi ABS Module DIY

Jim

Old 10-25-2006, 01:21 PM
4th Gear

Heres the audiworld DIY, and heres the link to the shop in FL that does it. They use to be a sponsor here and were offering discounts but I don't know what happened, I contacted them directly and they sound like they knew what they're doing...
https://www.audiforums.com/m_50525/m..._/tm.htm#50525

Old 10-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: big3etr

I currently don't own an Audi, but one of my buddys just bought a 2001 S4 and he has limited internet access. So, I am searching for him. I have another buddy who just bought a 1999 A4 and has an ABS issue. He just sent me the foillowing link for repairing this POS Bosch unit...It worked 100% for him so hopefully this is the link you all are looking for....I can't take the credit, but I will pass it along to help other peeps in need...

Just talked to my buddy who fixed his...he said if anyone is interested he can do the fix for a small fee...

contact him here:
shawnkubik@comcast.net

Audi ABS Module DIY

Jim

Awesome first post man! WELCOME!
Oh and buy an Audi!

Quick Reply: Need link for diy Abs Module fix