Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 fwd a4...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear
Default 01 fwd a4...suggestions?

Aight so I just bought a white 01 fwd A4 about 3 months ago and I'm looking for suggestions on the best upgrades for the car. I've been surfing the web and so far I haven't been able to find much on my own. My previous car was a 94 Honda Prelude...so you can only imagine all the stuff I could find for that car when I did a search. So far just by reading a few threads I've figured out that bov's are the wrong way to go and I want to get a DV. I heard that Bailey is the way to go for that. Basically the car is bone stock. The previous owner replaced the grill with a straight black one that has no audi symbol on it and he shaved off the decals such as the rings and the 1.8t on the back.

Aside from ideas for what to do with the car and upgrades, I also wanna know if there's a way to fix the little screen in the dash that tells u what's playing on the radio, how many miles left until u need gas...and all that other stuff. The top of the screen gets dim after awhile and a the pixils start to fade away but it's only after awhile of driving it. I don't feel like tearing apart my dash unless I know what I'm doing. Maybe it's better just to take it to a dealership?

Thanx for any input!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 fwd a4...suggestions?

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ategory=Engine

Go there...it has a bunch of stuff for your car. I suggest starting with intake and chip. You'll gain speed and you'll hear the turbo better.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:19 AM
5th Gear

and the screen is something your just going to have to live with unless you wana spend $600 to replace the entire cluster, its a common problem that most people just live with..... as far as mods go Id say check out GIAC for a chip and get a 710n dv valve its only $35 or something like that and works great.... I wouldnt waste your money on an intake it will do absolutly nothing for your car and isnt worth it.. just pick up a K&N drop in filter and do the air box mod that you will find when you search the forum for it and you should be good

Old 04-10-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

thanx guys, any other suggestions? What exhaust is best? Also I have a 10" alpine type-x and a memphis audio 1000watt D amp but i have the damn audi symphony system in the car. I've been told that theres no way to bypass it and I need to replace the deck and speakers if I want to put my system in. Has anyone gotten past this? Not that I wanna keep the speakers and deck cause they aren't very good anyway but I just don't wanna spend the money right now to replace all of that. I'd rather be putting the $800 i was quoted on to replace the deck and speakers and wire in my system into the engine. I know $800 is pretty good for all that, but thats only cause i know some people at an audio place.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
5th Gear

you dont have to replace **** stereo wise to run a sub all you need is a $20 high to low converter that your friends can hook you up with and your set..... as for exhaust Id say go with borla

Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

i would go with Milltek exhaust... it sounds sooo good and you definatly notice it... but don't waste your money on high ticket items that give you 10-15hp... save and spend your money on a turbo upgrade with a new innercooler and then get exhaust and an intake....this is the order that i would go in after doing my car....

1)GIAC Chip
2)get a forged DV valve, plastic sux and breaks
3)Turbo, injectors (K04, they are cheaper and the car is still easy to drive and my daily driver)
4)FMIC (need this with the larger turbo depending on where you live, in the heat it is a must)
5)intake and exhaust

I would try and get 3-5 done at the same time

Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

I looked at borla but i didn't see any for the fwd a4's.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
5th Gear

and I dont think milltek makes it for a fwd either

Old 04-12-2006, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi
and I dont think milltek makes it for a fwd either
one of the only few companies that DO make them for frontrak's
You can get a testpipe for your car and its the same as the quattros. Techtonics tuning sells a DP for our car its not listed for an audi a4 but a b5 passat is the same thing.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:24 AM
1st Gear

Does anyone know any other companies that make exhaust for my car? And i'd appreciate it if you could post me a link to these sites =)

Thanx!

Quick Reply: 01 fwd a4...suggestions?