AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   New exhaust system (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/new-exhaust-system-28377/)

socalaudi 03-28-2006 07:44 PM

New exhaust system

I wanted a magnaflow 1 in and 2 out but they didn't have any. I ended up getting a super 40 series muffler. Holy crap my car sounds like a ss camaro. Its deep and loud. They installed the muffler where the resonator use to be and ran 2.5" to a dual chrome tip. It looks really good but it is really loud.

BadLuckAudi 03-28-2006 07:51 PM

RE: New exhaust system

Lol who makes super 40 series that sounds like the flowmasters that are on my mustang lol.... but hey if it sounds good its good, you should get an audio clip and post it

socalaudi 03-28-2006 08:01 PM

Yeah it is a Flowmaster, I thought I put that in there. The whole set up was $250 installed.

BadLuckAudi 03-28-2006 08:04 PM

Lol thats sweet, well you said super 40 so i figured flowmaster lol but yea get some audio i wana hear that thing lol

socalaudi 03-28-2006 08:46 PM

Its a new 40 series muffler. Its a little more mellow sounding than the old one. I agree flowmasters are for v8's but I really staring to like the sound. It sounds like alot of the wrx's that Ive seen.

murphy_boy_2 03-28-2006 10:13 PM

So whats the rest of your exhaust? I know you have the flowmaster muffler but what about the rest, because I know there really isn't much out there for exhaust in a 2.8. Is the rest of it custom? I'm looking into getting an exhaust as soon as possible and don't really know what to do. I was thinking magnaflow muffler with dual tips and then a custom exhuast, is that smart?

Murphy

socalaudi 03-28-2006 10:29 PM

Yeah the rest is custom. Magna flow 1 in 2 out with the chrome tips is what I wanted. But then again the only thing that I've heard it on is a M5 with a V8. Explicit has a magna flow. You should talk to him. I had new 2.5 inch ran from the cats back into a super 40 series muffler to more 2.5" to 2 chrome tips. They relocated the muffler to where the resonator use to be.

murphy_boy_2 03-28-2006 10:56 PM

Why did you relocate the muffler to the resonator? And I have heard that I can get a custom exhaust done at any like muffler place, is that what you did? Also how much did the whole custom exhaust cost you with the muffler also? And if its possible can I see a pic?

Thanks a lot Murphy

socalaudi 03-28-2006 11:55 PM

They relocated it for more back pressure. I went to a shop that has put exhaust on my trucks before. The cost was $250 and I don't have a digi camera yet but will post pics soon.

i3uddha 03-29-2006 12:04 AM

Psssh pics?/ Come one Kyle - I wanna hear that Big block v8 ! ! !
j/k :D seriously - see if u can get a sound clip on there..