Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 05:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie questions

This is probably a really dumb question so please be nice! How do I get the lug nuts off my sport wheels? There's not enough room for a lug wrench. It looks like there are plastic caps that should come off the lug nuts. Am I an idiot?

On those same lines ... what's the best service/shop manual to buy? Are there any that any one would recommend over another?

Thanks - Bryan

Old 05-31-2003, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default Newbie questions

in with your jack thereare plastic tweezer tool to take the plastic caps off and the the socket/bar should also be in the same bag it is next to the jack. if you have after market wheels use a thin wall deep socket &lt;---handy at taking wheels off fast. when taking offyour wheels off make sure you screw the little tube thing (also in bag) after removeing one bolt or othewise the wheel will fall right off. best thing to do when you get a new car is to read the manual it tells you a lot</P>

the best shop manusl is the bently www.bentleypublishers.com and if you are going to work on your car this is also a veryhelpful tool www.ross-tech.com </P>

Old 06-01-2003, 01:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie questions

I don't have the tweezer tool in the case with the jack, etc. There isn't a bag in the case. I do have the tube thing to use after taking off first lug nut. Any idea where I could get the tweezer tool? I read the owners manual about it and see what you mean. On mine there is a hard case that has the jack, etc that clips above the CD changer in the trunk.</P>

I'll be getting a Bently manual also. Just replaced the low beams and what a pain in the butt!!!</P>

Thanks - Bryan</P>

Old 06-01-2003, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default Newbie questions

the only twoplaces i would think u could get one is at the stealership or ebay</P>