Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag Com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:55 PM
4th Gear
Default Vag Com?

I bought a generic vag-com months ago but never played with it till the other day and cant get it to work. I am thinking im doing something wrong. Here is the link to the guy/co. I bought it from. www.stores.ebay.com/alpha-bid Considering the amount of business they do and their rep. I cant see this as a crap part. I downloaded the 401 software and when trying to link it says "ross tech devise not detected"

Old 07-22-2007, 01:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Vag Com?

You have to go into the Options tab and set the correct port first. Using a USB-to-Serial adapter, mine required that I select COM 3. I'm using the 311.2 software...maybe that is your problem?

boy412

Old 07-22-2007, 01:10 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Vag Com?

From my understanding the usb (which is the one I have) is slower than serial. Dont know if that's the problem. But I will try that other software today and see if that changes things. I'm going to pick up a real vag-comnext month since my uncle is giving me his software when I visit in August. (pro software)

Thanks though im going to try that.