Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painted my lowers, lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:34 PM
3rd Gear
Default painted my lowers, lots of pics

I painted my lowers. Total project cost was only about $50, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still have to get it all cleaned up so I'll post finished product pics later this week. Oh yeah and before anybody says anything I just got my neuspeed race springs and bilstein struts today so I'll hopefully have them installed later this week.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: painted my lowers, lots of pics

Awesome! Where did you get the paint? How did you apply?

Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

so sexy

Old 05-17-2005, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

Really nice job!!!!! What I like the most, it;s you did it yourself! Nice pic's for future DIY's!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I got the paint from a place called spaceage auto paint. Its radiant silver by duplicolor so you can get it anywhere they sell duplicolor. If you have a silver car its great because this particular shade of silver by duplicolor is a perfect match and its cheap.
ORIGINAL: Peteman187

Awesome! Where did you get the paint? How did you apply?

Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

How would i go about painting it black? Its spray paint right? Would black look good or do you guys think it would look messy?

Old 05-17-2005, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

Flyin that looks amazing for a DIY...and overall! Pete already asked two of my questions! Did you have any experience before? Did you already have the equipment! Please let me know...like you said the shop I had my car at won't even touch em...I have Denim Blue Pearl Effect paint so I hope that doesn't complicate things...even if it is more for the paint I am sure I could still come away at a good price!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 AM
5th Gear

Werent you planning on using the trim guard? Looks stock... and sorta rippled where the trim is crapping out on ya...
overall though, it looks really great. I guess that wavy piece of trim is easy to paint, if you replace it

Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks. No, I didn't really have any painting experience before. The only equipment you really need is the paint in spray cans, adhesion promoter, clear coat, newspaper, masking tape, sandpaper. If you go to painscratch.com they can make whatever shade you need, and they can also add a flex agent to the paint, but I think silver is definitely the easiest to match.
ORIGINAL: Sebass

Flyin that looks amazing for a DIY...and overall! Pete already asked two of my questions! Did you have any experience before? Did you already have the equipment! Please let me know...like you said the shop I had my car at won't even touch em...I have Denim Blue Pearl Effect paint so I hope that doesn't complicate things...even if it is more for the paint I am sure I could still come away at a good price!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 AM
3rd Gear

Very nice, esp cause it diy!!

Quick Reply: painted my lowers, lots of pics