Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Performance Issue

If you have a blown diverter valve would you have any fault codes? I decided to get a 710N instead of the Forge DV 007. I think the 710N will be fine if the car is only chipped. Anyway, I have not installed the 710N yet but I just wanted to know what are some signs of a bad DV? Thanks!

Old 06-25-2005, 08:30 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Performance Issue

I would like to know the same thing..
Just install the 710N though , cant hurt.
Im going to get mine this week.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:34 PM
4th Gear

Your boost will be fluttering,or else u will have no boost.Or you will have some surging, it really all depends how bad of shape the one u have is.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM
1st Gear

What I am noticing is that I do not feel much of a difference from APR chipped mode and stock mode. The first couple of days I got chipped it was great! I even went back to them and they reflashed the software. They said there were no fault codes. I picked up a 710N and just got home a little bit ago. Are there any other possibilities of what can be wrong?

Old 06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
4th Gear

Yeah,it your dv valve, put in the 710n, it will take u like 5min, then take ur car for a drive. I tried to use a 710n for my ko4 setup, and it just wasnt holding the 22psi+, so i swapped in a baily and felt 10times better.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

I am gonna wait a bit for it to cool off and then I will install it. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:03 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Performance Issue (updated) Need serious help!

OK, I installed the 710N DV today and the power is still not there. wtf is going on!!! Does anyone have any idea? I took it back to the shop that installed the APR and they said that they can work on my car but would charge me if it had nothing to do with being chipped. I told them that they can uninstall the chip and give me my money back if they think they are gonna charge me! I told them if I still have the problem after installing the DV then I want it uninstalled and my money back! I did not have a problem until a few days after the car was chipped. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am going to call APR tomorrow morning to see what they have to say. If APR cannot offer any solution then I will call the shop and have my chip uninstalled. When the chip was first installed it was great and I do not want to uninstall it if I do not have to. Please HELP!!!!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:10 AM
2nd Gear

Sounds like a boost leak to me. When you chip it, there is more boost, thus a small leak becomes a bigger leak. Check your vaccuum lines, and replace as needed.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 AM

^^^yeah, if its not your dv, it sounds like you had a small leak before or recently got a boost leak from the added chip boost.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

Guys, how do i check for a vacuum leak? Is there any docs on that?

Quick Reply: Performance Issue