Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pls. Help! '01 A4 loose (Bose stereo) plug? -- amp?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
1st Gear
Default Pls. Help! '01 A4 loose (Bose stereo) plug? -- amp?

I've got my c-pillars and rear deck pulled out* of my 2001 2.8 to replace a blown Bose woofer and I've got a couple of questions:

1) should the driver's side rear speaker (which happens to be the crunching blown speaker) sound much louder than the passenger side rear speaker? I've done the fading and balancing to make sure... This could be a dumb question for anyone who knows anything about audio systems, but I don't. Just want to stop the crunching and make sure everything works as it should.

2) There's a loose plug I discovered behind the toolbox area in the trunk. Could it be related to the audio system? If so, could this be effecting my rear speakers. I've tried to feel around for an open input on the amp and in the surrounding area, but haven't had any luck... I'm having an impossible time uploading a pic into this post (even with the reduced size) .. I'm happy to email you a pic or two if you think you know what it might be. It's got prongs and looks sort of like a video s-plug... but bigger with a 4-2-3-1 configuration (four prongs on top, followed by 2, then 3, then 1).

Any ideas? Don't want to wind up putting this all back together and finding out I've failed to do something important.

Thanks!

*not the easiest thing to do the first time around, btw, because those pieces of padding underneath the deck had either become fused to the deck after years of heat or were glued on in the 2001 ... anyway, I was pulling away at the deck in frustration until i got the idea to start chipping away at the padding and the deck popped right out. Would have been so much easier if you could either pop the speaker screens off or get to the speakers through the trunk... and, since I replaced the blown speaker with an even older speaker, I'm sure I'll have to do it again...

Old 09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Pls. Help! '01 A4 loose (Bose stereo) plug? -- amp?

i got the same exact ride. for the tool box area. i had 2 unplugged cords. one was round and one was square. the round one is for the 6 disc cd changer. not sure what the square one if for but my speakers are working fine. as for puttin up pics, u click on the upload pics link on the left side of the screen. it's right next to a check box. or u can upload it to like photobucket and just link it. and the speakers should sound bout the same. u might be experiencing constructive and destructive waves. otherwise ur passenger side speaker might be going too

Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pls. Help! '01 A4 loose (Bose stereo) plug? -- amp?

thanks -- must be for the non-existant cd changer ... that explains it!