Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Podi installation: VEI dual display gauge (boost & AFR) with Innovate LC-1 controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Podi installation: VEI dual display gauge (boost & AFR) with Innovate LC-1 controller

It took me 6 hours to do this install due to me being a severely OCD, ADD perfectionist.

I hope the pictures gives everyone an idea of where they can place the components to help speed up the process.

Onto the install...

I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out where to put the Innovate LC-1 controller and 02 sensor in the engine bay where it would be protected from the heat of the turbo and downpipe but where you could still easily access the device to program it.

I decided the best thing to do was create a custom wiring harness (read steal from another product) to extend the wiring into the cabin and mount the LC-1 by the AC pipes.

This location is perfect as the O2 sensor harness can pass through the grommet and easily be connected/disconnected from the controller

The wiring harness for the LC-1 is then tucked in behind the backside of the firewall in front of the battery and down the weatherstripping on the driver side

Harness connected to the other side that is fed through the wheel well. I preferred this method as I used it to run the vacuum line for my boost gauge installation.

Using quick fasteners I wired up the gauges to the boost sender, LC-1 and power

Power up the car and make sure everything works

I soldered all of the main connections to the VEI dual display, added some extensions and used shrinkwrap tubing to seal it all up

Put the gauge in the pod, rewired everything to the appropriate places as before and here is the end result.

The LC-1 was reprogrammed to 0v = 10 and 5v = 20 for the display and this is close to the range of the Innovate LM-1 handheld AFR meter I was using. I'm still trying to figure out what range the LM-1 uses so I can match it so if anyone has this information please let me know.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Podi installation: VEI dual display gauge (boost & AFR) with Innovate LC-1 controller

that's freakin awesome man!...nice job!