Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Default Power windows not working

Hello-

I have a 2002 1.8T A4 with a factory installed alarm system. Last night, I noticed when I tried to lock my car that the alarm didn't "beep" after I hit the lock button on the keyless remote. I tried the passenger door - it was locked - so no worries, right? Wrong. Seems ALL the windows don't roll down now. I checked the fuses and that wasn't the issue.

Turns out that I can also only lock three doors when I hit the keyless lock, i.e., the driver's door always stays unlocked. Not good. Aside from feeling a bit claustrophobic when I was driving, I also carry my computer and some other valuables I'm worried about, so I'd like to get this thing fixed right away. Perhaps as a by-product of this problem, the indoor lights didn't automatically turn off when I started the car, i.e., I had to manually turn them off so I wasn't driving in the dark with my interior lights on like a goof.

One other thing: the driver door also doesn't lock when when I manually try to open the windows with the key in the door from the outside, nor do any of the windows roll down. At this point, it seems pretty obvious that I have an electrical issue, but since I'm not "Mr. Joe Fix-it" I may have to take it to the dealer this week.

Just wondering if anyone can offer some "cheap" advice. Thanks much in advance...

Last edited by SJMC; 10-18-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:44 PM

did you ever get this problem sorted out,I am having the same issue