AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Radio locked in SAFE mode (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/radio-locked-safe-mode-10621/)

rowingdude 05-28-2005 02:04 PM

Radio locked in SAFE mode

Okay, I am very depressed:

I tried unlocking it using the codes I found in the trunk. An hour later, after the radio was locked (of course) the dealership called and told me the correct code. Ever since I tried to unlock it before it went into lockdown, I haven't been able to get it to let me enter the code! I have waited hours, days, and even disconnected the battery for 30 minutes.

Is there anything else I can do short of going to the dealership or buying a new radio?

headshok2002 05-28-2005 02:13 PM

RE: Radio locked in SAFE mode

Hmm, I'd stop by the dealer.

What year is your car? Bose or non-bose?

david9999 05-28-2005 02:18 PM

What procedure are you using?

Go through it step by step to make sure you are pressing the right buttons.

rowingdude 05-28-2005 02:18 PM

98 w/ bose

rowingdude 05-28-2005 02:25 PM

I get in the car, I put the key into the ignition, turn it one click, try it with FM2 and RDS. No go, I turn the car on, use the same buttons, no go. Then I tried different combinations of buttons, eg. FM2 and TPS, AM and RDS. Those combinations also produced no positive outcomes.

black b5 05-28-2005 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rowingdude

Okay, I am very depressed:

I tried unlocking it using the codes I found in the trunk. An hour later, after the radio was locked (of course) the dealership called and told me the correct code. Ever since I tried to unlock it before it went into lockdown, I haven't been able to get it to let me enter the code! I have waited hours, days, and even disconnected the battery for 30 minutes.

Is there anything else I can do short of going to the dealership or buying a new radio?

did you leave the key in the on position with the radio turn on for about an hour?

it should unlock it and let you put the code in after that

rowingdude 05-28-2005 03:10 PM

Leave the key in the "on" position for an hour? Or leave the key in the ignition with the radio on for an hour?

rowingdude 05-28-2005 03:24 PM

Okay, I feel totally insecure about leaving my car outside with a key in it :( but the clock is running

Karl 05-28-2005 04:05 PM

You could just sit in your car and whistle yourself a tune, or read a magazine or something... or better yet, detail the interior for an hour.. good luck and let us know when you get it fixed

rowingdude 05-28-2005 04:33 PM

It worked! Thanks a million guys!