AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Rear brakes arrived (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/rear-brakes-arrived-22556/)

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 08:35 PM

Rear brakes arrived

Ok that was the fastest shipping i have ever experienced... But, are ATE's the same thing as Brembo's? Cuz I ordered ATE and they say Brembo... Whats up with that???

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 09:02 PM

RE: Rear brakes arrived

These rotors have screw threads where the lug bolts go through... Does this mean I have to take out the old bolts/studs and the rotor doesnt just slide off??? Will I have to take out the studs and screw them into the new rotors?? ARE THESE THE RIGHT ROTORS!?

[IMG]local://upfiles/10408/FC51CB1E23514030929E6A02D00B5169.jpg[/IMG]

drkenan 01-05-2006 09:10 PM

Looks right to me. I'm confused about what the question is. The rotor slides right on and then you just put on your caliper and screw the lug nuts right into the rotor. You shouldn't have to take anything off.

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: drkenan

Looks right to me. I'm confused about what the question is. The rotor slides right on and then you just put on your caliper and screw the lug nuts right into the rotor. You shouldn't have to take anything off.
My confusion comes from the threads in the holes on the rotors.. .Looks like something screws in there... They SHOULD just slide off of the lug studs, this makes it look like the lug studs get screwed through.

drkenan 01-05-2006 09:18 PM

Man I can't remember for the life of me what mine looked like. All I remember is that they were held on by the lug nuts but you know that. I guess you can only pop the wheel off and investigate.

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 09:21 PM

Man I can't remember for the life of me what mine looked like. All I remember is that they were held on by the lug nuts but you know that. I guess you can only pop the wheel off and investigate.
Well as long as you dont remember having to unsrew your lugnut studs to get them off. I dont remember my nissan rotors have threads in the holes like that. Its not what i ordered so i am a little nervous.

drkenan 01-05-2006 09:31 PM

Wait a minute...ok...here's where the confusion lies. I don't remember any lug studs. The rotor was held on just with the hole in the middle (whatever you call that part). I remember it being a major PITA getting the wheel back on because the rotor would turn. Sorry man it's been awhile.

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 09:38 PM

Wait a minute...ok...here's where the confusion lies. I don't remember any lug studs. The rotor was held on just with the hole in the middle (whatever you call that part). I remember it being a major PITA getting the wheel back on because the rotor would turn. Sorry man it's been awhile.
Hmmm.... Well there has to be lug studs cuz there are lug nuts.. Are the lug nuts actually more like a flat bottomed screw? IE not a nut, more like a long screw that goes into the threads? That would make sense. This is like th 20th time i wish i had a bentley manual.

Kellya4 01-05-2006 09:40 PM

There are no threads in any of the rotorts that i have used for Audi.

onepoint8tee 01-05-2006 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Kellya4

There are no threads in any of the rotorts that i have used for Audi.
Well i typed in the part # and the results are for 96-01 a4 so it should be ok.. If not.. Ecartoys is going down...[:@]