AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   S4 Struts/Shocks on a B5 A4? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/s4-struts-shocks-b5-a4-29253/)

Q_AUDI 04-10-2006 06:25 PM

S4 Struts/Shocks on a B5 A4?

any idea if these would fit? I know the springs wont...thanks.

liquidxit2 04-10-2006 06:59 PM

RE: S4 Struts/Shocks on a B5 A4?

just get the sport, if they did fit they would still not handle right as they were made for a much heavier front end.

onepoint8tee 04-10-2006 07:13 PM

I would personaly skip the sport susp. if your going to go through the money and labor of replacing the whole system.. Go for some H&R/bilsteins or coil overs if you have the money. I like my sport suspenseion, but its not THAT great.. Maybe thats because there are 70k+ miles on them.. But for maybe a little more money you can get a lot more performance and quality.

liquidxit2 04-10-2006 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I would personaly skip the sport susp. if your going to go through the money and labor of replacing the whole system.. Go for some H&R/bilsteins or coil overs if you have the money. I like my sport suspenseion, but its not THAT great.. Maybe thats because there are 70k+ miles on them.. But for maybe a little more money you can get a lot more performance and quality.
Mine has almost 69k on it and it is pretty nice. Granted Its not the best out there, but still alot more fun the the regular oem. I said sport due to the fact he was looking at oem stuff. You could always look at eibach pro set. COmes with struts, springs and sway(s) all tuned together for max performance. I would hate to seen somone buy springs and struts that didnt match correctly.

onepoint8tee 04-10-2006 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Mine has almost 69k on it and it is pretty nice. Granted Its not the best out there, but still alot more fun the the regular oem. I said sport due to the fact he was looking at oem stuff. You could always look at eibach pro set. COmes with struts, springs and sway(s) all tuned together for max performance. I would hate to seen somone buy springs and struts that didnt match correctly.
Yeah sport is a great oem suspension.. Seemed he was looking more for performance than just an oem replacement. I hear the h&r/bilstein combo with just the struts and springs would probably be closer to the cost of an oem replacement.

avante 04-11-2006 12:28 PM

If you go H&R/Bilstein will the camber have to be adjusted??