Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prepainted trunk lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 AM
1st Gear
Default prepainted trunk lip

Ok, so i wanted a trunk lip spoiler but didnt want to shell out fat $$$ to the stealership for a primered one and then another $100 to get it painted. I found THIS on ebay. Anyone have any experience with prepainted parts not matching original paint? Theres always the chance of having slightly faded paint but i guess it could be worth the risk.

Also, is the lip in the ebay listing the same as the one on the s-line package? similar? I havent had a chance to take a closer look at it in person so i thought you guys would have a better trained eye.

Any verdicts on whether or not this is a good buy?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:13 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: prepainted trunk lip

This same topic was brought up a few posts ago heres the link...
https://www.audiforums.com/m_275593/tm.htm

But next time do this...
https://www.audiforums.com/search.asp

Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

yeah I had run a search but that thread doesnt answer either of my two questions that are specific to the item that i linked to.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:17 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about that ebay prepainted lip. It is similar to the s-line spoiler. Check out the pics I just posted in the other thread: https://www.audiforums.com/m_211126/.../tm.htm#276230

All very good looking spoilers. Keep in mind that if you need to, you can dish out the $75 bucks to get it repainted at a high end body shop.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

Has anyone had theirs come off from a drive through carwash?

Old 05-17-2006, 04:41 PM

I dont go through drive through car washes with my car. Do it yourself! Its more fun and it looks better in the end.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: miked

I dont go through drive through car washes with my car. Do it yourself! Its more fun and it looks better in the end.
i agree
the drive thru car washes can't give you nearly as nice of a wash as doing it yourself... i know the few times i used one there was definately still dirt on the paint

don't b lazy

Old 05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

I completely agree. However I am against two variables. I live in an apartment without access to a hose, so I can't wash it the way it needs to be done. Second, time is money, and it rains way too often here for me to devote that much time, every time, to hand washing. I would still like to know if anyone has had an issue with their lip and automatic washing.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:40 PM
3rd Gear

i got mine from ebay, prepainted black, its VERY VERY nice. the paint match is exact. It fits perfectly...and looks amazing. This thing would never come off in a drive thru car wash, you couldnt get it off if u wanted to

Old 05-17-2006, 06:42 PM
3rd Gear

i got mine from ebay, prepainted black, its VERY VERY nice. the paint match is exact. It fits perfectly...and looks amazing. This thing would never come off in a drive thru car wash, you couldnt get it off if u wanted to

Quick Reply: prepainted trunk lip