Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 electrical problems: Fact or Mith

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Default A4 electrical problems: Fact or Mith

ok so i had a post on another web sight and now i have had at least 4 people tell me that the a4's have majour electrical problems. one guy was a body shop guy, second ownes an a4 and is a mechinac, one guy is a car dealer and also owned a 2001 a4 2.8 and sold it beucase of electrical problems and the last was a guy on a sight and said this quote

"My friend have it. He had to visit dealer every 2 to 3 months and its not cheap to fix either. Lots of electronic problem, sensors, window module, u name it he got it. Dont get me wrong its a nice car to drive if everything works. I guess if you really like car that much then take your chance and do your research before you buy it. Goodluck."

is this fact or mith and why or why not? also was this year specific or just across all the a4 b5's? please explain and help me out.... thanks

Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: A4 electrical problems: Fact or Mith

I say myth. ALL vehicles have electrical problems at some point, regardless of manufacture. The whole electronics issue has been exaggerated mostly by people with little or no mechanical knowledge who don't even own an audi in the first place. The thing is Audi, like most other german cars, typically have more sensors and motors than say a domestic. Hence greater the likelyhood for one of them to malfunction. The only things I know for a fact that are less durable on an Audi, compared to japanese cars, are the damn controls arms and the timing belt. Another might be the common pixel problem on the 00+ gauge cluster. Other than there are no major electrical problems afflicting Audis. They are great cars if you know how to take care of them.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A4 electrical problems: Fact or Mith

ORIGINAL: Trey25

I say myth. ALL vehicles have electrical problems at some point, regardless of manufacture. The whole electronics issue has been exaggerated mostly by people with little or no mechanical knowledge who don't even own an audi in the first place. The thing is Audi, like most other german cars, typically have more sensors and motors than say a domestic. Hence greater the likelyhood for one of them to malfunction. The only things I know for a fact that are less durable on an Audi, compared to japanese cars, are the damn controls arms and the timing belt. Another might be the common pixel problem on the 00+ gauge cluster. Other than there are no major electrical problems afflicting Audis. They are great cars if you know how to take care of them.
+1

Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
1st Gear
Default I have an Audi A4 and thats so true

I have an Adui A4, 2006. and Ive been having the same problem.
I'm trying to learn how to fix it, so I wont be forced to take it to the dealer...

Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM
2nd Gear

Zero electrical problems for me and I have not read about a ton problems either. I have heard people say the same about british cars. Keep in mind when people talk about their cars (on forums inparticular) they tend to be asking questions with problems they are having. People seldom post: "Hay, I have a question. There is nothing wrong with my car at the moment."

The common thing I do read about is reprogramming keys and windows after replacing a battery.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Default Fact!

This is definitely a fact. I myself own a 99 Audi A4 Quattro. I have had numerous electrical problems with it and spent hundreds of dollars on it in garages to still not know the problem or how to fix it. Don't get me wrong its a great car to have and a smooth ride but all the money put into it after all the electrical problems I don't think its worth it.