AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   For those who care...and dont hate if you dont (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/those-who-care-dont-hate-if-you-dont-10601/)

a4autocrossr 05-27-2005 08:47 PM

For those who care...and dont hate if you dont

So i finally installed my headlight strobe lights...YAY...but didnt put them in my hadlights..cuz i cant fugire out how to get from inside the car into the engine bay. I got a fuse tap..wired my switch to the tap...then a ground to a screw...then the accessory to the switch. The accessory also to the ground..and what'dya nkow..i finally got it to work!!! Its cool! THought you'd all like to know..

--E

apg96 05-27-2005 08:52 PM

RE: For those who care...and dont hate if you dont

thats sweet. I wanna do that too mybe try and pull people over if they think its a cop.

TGPorsche96 05-27-2005 09:01 PM

I helped a friend do that to his truck except they were red and blue and a PA system with the siren underneath his truck bed...We are having plenty of fun with it and scaring people also...lol...if anyone wants to do this sort of act you have to live in a state that doesnt really care and you have to wear SWAT hats...lol

99a4audi 05-27-2005 09:06 PM

they r alright, i think they r a waste of money. when do u use them?

Jestnomen 05-27-2005 10:32 PM

The typical way to go from the engine to the cabin is through the ECU box. Remove the 5 or so screws from the top of the box. Wiggle out the rubber gromet on the front of the box. You can then thread your wires through there. It leads just above your feet inside.

a4autocrossr 05-28-2005 08:29 PM

yea..i think im gonna keep them where they are...i put them like..behind the center console so that they strobe ..one on each side...at your feet...so..theyre pretty cool..and they were only $10..so not that much of a waste..

--E

a4autocrossr 05-30-2005 03:38 AM

--just put them on...at midnight...and those things light up the car...its sweet :-D...loks good from the outside tooo

--E

skidplatexa4 05-30-2005 12:40 PM

what strobe setup did you use? I always used whelen kits there expensive but its the same thing thats in cop cars, etc... My truck was great with them in it people would move over for me way before they saw me coming.

headshok2002 05-30-2005 12:46 PM

Wow those must be crazy illegal... and like, pretty damn easy to spot -- since that's the idea.

Watch out for epileptics! You know some are behind the wheel! heh

Cameron 05-30-2005 08:57 PM

Not a good idea to impersonate a cop like that, even if it does seem like harmless fun.