Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded the Audi for a Si...

Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Traded the Audi for a Si...

As much as I hated doing it, it was the wise thing to do (cost wise)...

I had a 2000 Audi A4 v6 Quattro that I have owned for about the past year... I have fixed multiple items on the car (timing belt, front suspension, etc) and decided to get rid of it... The A/C and front axles were going bad, the seat rattled (even after installing the new bushings), the windshield was cracked, rear view mirror leaked 80% of the auto dim fluid, broken ABS sensor, leather was a bit beat up, other issues... Looking at about 4,000+ in repairs and I still owed 6,500 on it... The car would continue to have problems as well (drinking 1+qt of oil every 3,000 miles)...

So I traded it in for a 2007 Si... Love the car, wish it was AWD (chose the Si over a WRX for resale and reliability reasons, plus if I have a turbo I will mod it)... They payed the Audi off and I got a good deal on an Si and 120,000 mile warranty...

I will miss Quattro more then anything...

And the Si will stay stock as did the Audi...

SMo'

Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Traded the Audi for a Si...

Nice, you now have a quality, reliable, NEW car. Props to you man.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 PM
3rd Gear

Can you at least give us the VIN and where you pawned this poor Audi off at - just so none of us look at it

sorry to see ya go - really sorry to see you go the way of the H but when your at the pearly gates and St. Peter is reading off your sins this one will be at the top along with....well ya know that thing you did with that one drunk sorority chick thats illegal in 42 of the states.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

hahaha, I dont have the VIN but if your lookin' at an Audi in the Modesto, CAarea with 96,000 miles dont buy it... lol...3" abrasion on the passenger side leather seat, right bolster...

SMo'

Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

I would have done the same, its like shootiung a sick dog, it has to be done no matter how much you hate to do it.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: SAudi

I would have done the same, its like shootiung a sick dog, it has to be done no matter how much you hate to do it.
I agree, and I would have done it too. but I think I would have picked up another audi rather than a honda!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 AM
1st Gear

Another Audi? I want a new car so I get a warranty and I know EXACTLY what the car has been through... A new Audi is too expensive for me right now... I will have no trouble paying off the Si and the insurance but my yearly vacations might need to be altered a bit (I usually travel to two new countrys a year)... No biggie, just meant I need to save more... Hopefully my shoulder heals up soon (snowboarding accident) and I can take the C.H.P. test and make some real good money.

SMo'

Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: SMoLiK

Another Audi? I want a new car so I get a warranty and I know EXACTLY what the car has been through... A new Audi is too expensive for me right now... I will have no trouble paying off the Si and the insurance but my yearly vacations might need to be altered a bit (I usually travel to two new countrys a year)... No biggie, just meant I need to save more... Hopefully my shoulder heals up soon (snowboarding accident) and I can take the C.H.P. test and make some real good money.

SMo'
that's cool man, I understand the wanting to have a brand new car. you don't have to worry about anything now, it's all under warranty. and new cars are just NICE. what color did you get? post up some pics!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:46 AM
3rd Gear

For some reason "A new Audi is too expensive for me right now" and "I usually travel to two new country's a year" kinda contradict themselves

Did you pick up the 2 door or 4 door Si?

Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 AM

I didn't know there was a 4 door Si?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traded the Audi for a Si...