Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transfer of Audi CPO's to a new owner... Can they do this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Transfer of Audi CPO's to a new owner... Can they do this?

So I'm looking to purchase a 2008 Audi A4 3.2L from the 2nd owner. Currently it has 29K miles. He purchased this car from an Audi dealer in June 2011, with 23K miles on the clock and 4 years CPO warranty coverage. This is a major selling point for the seller. After looking at the transfer documentation the rule as of 9/1/11 is that the CPO warranty can't be transferred to the new owner since it was written up 3 months prior to this date. This means the owner is losing almost 3 years of coverage that would under normal circumstances go with the car.

If the original contract stipulates the warranty is transferable, surely Audi are unable to enforce this change in the program post signing. Is there small print that allows them to do this that I'm not aware of?

Can anyone who has faced this problem let me know how things turned out? I'm reluctant to buy this car now without the piece of mind afforded by the warranty