AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Imput) (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/transmission-range-sensor-circuit-malfunction-prndl-imput-56166/)

draculas 03-03-2007 08:38 PM

Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Imput)

i just checked my audi A4 an i fund this code anybody have any ideea where this sensor is located and how look like please help me my email is draculas_99@yahoo.com i need a picture of the sensor and some schematics where is the location and how can i fix that Thank You in advance

auditech79 03-03-2007 08:45 PM

RE: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Imput)

Its the circuit board under the shifter assembly, when you change the gears small magnetic brushes push against the circuit board telling thetcm you changing gears. If replacing that doesn't fix it you tcm probabaly went bye bye, but i doubt it.

draculas 03-03-2007 09:38 PM

i erase the code`s and is still show that i have the problem the tranny is working good but i can`t use the tiptronic because i can`t see on the instrument pannel the PRND... are red all the time and when i push the lever in tiptronic mode is not showing noting

auditech79 03-03-2007 09:53 PM

All of them being red means its in limp mode, i sent you an e-mail on how to replace the circuit board.

socal_A4 03-04-2007 06:25 PM

sent you an email Gl

draculas 03-13-2007 12:34 AM

do anybody have any ideea about that circuit board part number or how is it caled ? so i can order`it because i have no idee about the name
tks

Redrum1 03-13-2007 03:14 AM

My indicator comes up all red at times also. I expermented with it and found this out. First just turn on your ignition key and look at the indicator. If its all red turn the key off and then back on again and see if it goes to regular mode. Mine does every time I reset it. Being as mine needs the ignition switch recall I thought maybe that had some bearing on it. Don't know. But give it a try and see if it works for you.

draculas 04-11-2007 03:19 PM

i change the circuit board but the result is the same i paid over $400 for it because they sai is a dealer item only i had the battery removed for 1 day and when i pluged back in the result is the same as before what do u think can be the problem ? i have to reset my tranny computer or what .
Help me guys i`m desperate !

techbod 04-11-2007 03:24 PM

what was the code? I guess its a tip/auto but the identification of the gearbox will help lots,

look for the code on the gearbox and should be something like OV1.A

draculas 04-11-2007 03:31 PM

right now i don`t have any code and the check engine light is off but before the code was P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Malfunction (PRNDL Input) i should have the TCM reseted or what