Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Imput)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

and your tutorial is for gearbox removal??
Its not a turorial, its screen shots of illustrations to point in the right direction. And you have to remove the gearbox mount to get to the part which we are talking about.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 PM

then take a picture of the item not the car

Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator

The item is in the picture as posted earlier. I circled it:

[IMG]local://upfiles/10408/7EAEE42CE63648C5B6D447146D21290F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2007, 06:44 PM

no comment

Old 04-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

no comment
appreciated

Old 04-11-2007, 07:01 PM

a bit of sarcy there it give me the gearboxcode so I can look it up

edit: my appols to onetime there because he knows more about the tip than me, what I was actually trying to say is I required the transmission code for my new software to work ( automatics are not my 4T ) but im getting interested

Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

the fault code was P0705 i think

Old 09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up transmission range selector switch

hey guys, I just figured out what my problem was when all of the dash Lights lite up. And the car starter would not crank the engine over. I had a great charge in the battery, checked the ignition switch at the relay, tested the relay it tested OK, tried to jumper the terminals 19 to 17 and nothing happened. Talked to a friend if mine that does transmissions and he stated that Audi also Incorporates a neutral safety Switch in the Transmission Range Switch located on the tranny. I wan t and pick one up and I'm hope that it will end my no cranking issues..

Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Talking PRND321 lights on solid in dash console

hi guys, this should help those D.I.Y. Guys that like to save a dollar or two like I do. Here goes, My 1996 A4 2.8L auto. Started out when it would not go into reverse gear then the solid red lite dash gear indicator happened. Panic stricken I thought the worst. I charged the battery which was not the problem because I could start the stupid car by jumping the terminals on the starter and it would crank it over and would run at on idle. of course no problem there with the starter. so I went to check the Park-Neutral relay under the dash #205 red in color ( for those who haven't a clue of what that relay looks like). Now you do. I then checked with a 12v circuit tester and found that I had voltage from the ignition switch and to the relay center. still no power to the starter. I found out by talking to a friend of mine that does tranny's that AUDI puts a neutral safety switch in the Transmission range Switch mounted on the transmission drivers side behind the transmission mount. And believe its fun to get out, the mount that is. After clearing it the rest of the change out was easy. After you put it in have some one with a OBDII scanner clear the code and the solid bar of red on the dash will go away. that's AUDI way of tell you there is a problem Houston.. check it out. I hope this helps some one down the road so they don't sink a lot of money into your car. My Range switch cost me $80. from the junk yard. a lot better then $585. from Audi.. GO JUNK YARDS .. I'm into recycling..

Old 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default transmission range selector switch "& Muliti- position switch

Brother this switch is located on the transmission right above the driver side tranny mount. i will make a suggestion that you have a tranny shop R&R this switch for you I found one at the wrecking yard and it works pretty damn good. got rid of all of my problems after resetting the ECM and getting rid of the total red indicator display. all works fine know .. God be with you on your adventures..

Quick Reply: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Imput)