Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a4 b7 chip!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi a4 b7 chip!!

I have an Audi a4 3.2 v6 b7. I was just wondering if anyone had some recommendations for chips or cheap mods to increase performance!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Doesn't look like there is anything for that motor. Most of the mods (if not all) are for the 2.0T. From the sticky in the B7 section Sticky:

CHIPS or ECU Flash. There are 4 main companies that are all respectable. APR, REVO, Unitronic, & GIAC in order of popularity. These companies can all offer gains by increasing boost levels electonically and remapping the computer to compensate. Advertised gains are on the 40-50 hp range and even better torqe gains. This is the truth and not bull. The 1st 3 companies offer a stage 1 basic tune and a stage 2 after you add at least a high flowing downpipe or testpipe. My personal favorite is APR because you can switch from Tuned back to stock and lock it in with a code all via the Cruise Control stalk. This will keep dealers out stealthy like or keep the car slower if someone else drives your car. I have used REVO and liked it very well too but you need a special box to plug in to switch programs. GIAC uses an adaptive tune that will notice your car when you add a DP or testpipe instead of a stage 2 tune. GIAC will not get rid of your check engine light like the others do so I do not recommend this company for that reason. There is also a stage 2+ program but a higher flow Fuel pump is required. Remember that an upgraded "D" Diverter valve and the PCV fix should be used when getting a chip. Using a boost gauge will also let you know when these items have failed (and the WILL). APR Video on swapping programs and security code feature. APR Video

Old 04-28-2012, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default UNITRONICS chipped $550

Performance Software - 2006-2008 Audi A4 B7 3.2L FSI 255HP

UNITRONIC STAGE 1 MIN 92OCT / 96RON: 268HP / 258LB-TQ

Description: Performance Software Precisely Engineered to Run on a Completely Stock Car.

Gas Type: Optimized for 91 Octane / 95 Ron gas

Installation: Flashed directly through the (OBDII) Diagnostic port of your vehicle (15-20 minutes).
Flash time is an approximation and may vary in some cases.

Required Hardware: None

Features:
◦Engineered with Strict Industry Standards
◦Extensively Tested Under Various Driving Conditions
◦Factory Safety Limiters Retained
◦Greatest Power and Torque Gains in the Industry, Guaranteed!
◦Optimized Responsiveness and Drivability
◦Optimized Smoothness and Driving Comfort
◦Power Delivery Perfectly Optimized Throughout the Power Band
◦Improved Fuel Efficiency
◦Engineered with Strict Industry Standards

Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 AM
1st Gear

nice.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

You need to install Oxygen Sensor POWER Performance CHIP and Stage 3 Surge O2 Chip Combo,Surge Performance Chip part SBC-17558 to increase the super performance.