AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Used car dealers suck, my audi's dead!!???? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/used-car-dealers-suck-my-audis-dead-1403/)

apexiA4 05-09-2004 09:50 PM

Used car dealers suck, my audi's dead!!????

Sadly, I'm getting rid of my car. Here's the complete story of all the messed up *stuff* that happened with it:

Bought it, drove it down the highway, and felt a real bad shaking, we stopped, and realized the front left rim only had 2 lugnuts in it. the tow-truck driver commented that I was extremely lucky I survived this doing 75mph down the highway. We brought it back, and they "said" they replace the hub and brake rotor. They returned it with only one lugnut missing.

Heavy storms, got into my car on the way to school, and the back drivers side had about a half-inch of rain in it. Totally messed up. We also realized the AC wasn't blowing cold anymore. About this time I really start to get pissed that this is happening, and start to lose faith in my "car".

They fixed the leak and the AC, replaced the condenser and moved the innercooler because it was rubbing up against the condenser. We go to pick it up, and there's still one lugnut missing. Also, the AIRBAG light is on. The audi dealer says it needs a new crash sensor. My dad flips out, almost kills the guy at the used car dealer, and a week later they delivered the car to us. Seemingly it was ok for about 10 miles.

About this time, my parents and I are ready to kill the people we bought it from. Not even kidding. So, we get the car back and the ABS and BRAKE light are flashing, and beeping. We drive it a couple miles and seems to be ok. The dealer lies to us and tells us that its only because of the new rotor. About this time we hear a CLUNKING noise. I think damn, what could this be now. [SIGH] Take it to my friends dad whos was the head mechanic at the local BMW dealer, and also runs a big driving school down here. He said theres a broken engine mount, and that it would be big buxx at the minimum to fix. He also points out that they never replaced the airbag sensor, and that all they did was take out the fuse to the Airgbag light.

So tommrow, I'm driving my moms car to school, and my moms gonna take my car up to the dealer we bought it from and get our money back. Realizing we have a small chance of getting it back, we thought up some pretty ingenious plans of how to make sure they never get any business again, and we will give the dealer the option to pay us back, or he can just never get any business again. Check out our ideas:

1. Take out an Add(s) in Autotrader above all of their adds, telling people to never buy a car from them ever.

2. Contact every ebay bidder bidding on cars, and tell them never to buy from this dealer, and send them our story.

3. Contact the Better Business Bureau, and report them. (we can since they lied multiple times about fixing the car)

4. Take out a newspaper add, telling people never to buy from them.

5. (this is the best) Sit on the road before the entrance to their dealership, with my car, holding a 4'x8' sign telling people not to buy from them. And, listing every single "ordeal" that went on with my car. This will for sure turn away customers.

Well, hopefully they will just pay us back to solve the problem. [:@] But who knows, my parents are pretty nuts and will definitly do all of those. I love Audi's, but from every single thing i read there just too expensive to fix, and cost tons to keep up. And a 16yr old really can't afford any of that.

Please, share other ideas on how to get back at the dead-beat dealer. Their website is:
Regis Car Corp and do yourself a favor and never buy from them or "Atlanta Wholesale" on ebay ever again. Thanks.;)

Jestnomen 05-09-2004 11:18 PM

RE: Used car dealers suck, my audi's dead!!????

Wow, that is quite an ordeal man. I'd be careful about posting an add slandering them. I don't know the legality of doing that. Hope you get it straightened out.

Maverick 05-10-2004 02:19 AM

slander is hard to prove

the best thing to do is contact the BBB

also, word of mouth advertising can hurt/help a business. In this car this would obviously hurt them.

I heard bad things about Bell Audi over in rahway NJ, which is why I never even went to them to look for a car, i drove a little farther away, and ended up saving some money in the end.

also,

if they knowingly and willingly did not fix the airbag and/or critical safety issues, they could be brought up on charges for negligence. and in the most extreme case negligent homicide.

SlimChriz 05-10-2004 04:09 AM

Wow Id deffinatly be down there hitting people.....[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley18.gif]

ebay has rules against contactin people like that you might get banned but I would probly do it:D

1.8TQUATTRO 05-10-2004 04:54 AM

go to the dealer at night and drain the oil out of their cars into a bucket and when someone goes to test drive them the engine will sieze up! :D

Jestnomen 05-10-2004 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: 1.8TQUATTRO

go to the dealer at night and drain the oil out of their cars into a bucket and when someone goes to test drive them the engine will sieze up! :D

that's a good one!

brrman 05-10-2004 01:00 PM

I saw a site a guy made showing off what he did to his TT when it was obviously a lemon but could not het his money back.

He painted "LEMON" on one door, and "XXXX Audi are Crooks" or something on the other side. It was pretty funny. they would not even service his car with all that stuff written on it.

Mehurrman 05-10-2004 08:56 PM

damn man that sux.......so u cant do anything about them saying they will fix your airbags and then u find out they didnt?

apexiA4 05-11-2004 07:09 PM

Well, if they don't give us a refund by this weekend, we're gonna drive my car up there an park it up the road with a sign that says, " talk to us before you buy a car from *******" and that will for sure make sure they don't get any business.

active1331 05-11-2004 08:01 PM

that sucks man[X(]