AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   VAG-COM won't connect. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/vag-com-wont-connect-11374/)

Jestnomen 06-17-2005 11:07 PM

RE: VAG-COM won't connect.

Time to post in the vag-com forum on audiworld.

david9999 06-18-2005 12:01 AM

how about checking for someone local who will lend you theirs.

Check the vagcom locater

jukeit 06-21-2005 01:20 PM

That is exactly the same problem I am experiencing. I got tired of jacking with it and went to Autozone. They'll hook you up and give you the code.

david9999 06-21-2005 02:32 PM

Sometimes going the cheap route isn't the best route.

jukeit 06-21-2005 02:40 PM

No doubt......no doubt. Definitely wish I would have done a bit of research on the cable before buying on ebay.

david9999 06-21-2005 11:30 PM

You can check the link section of the forum and use the vagcom locator to find someone near you who has one to lend. Price is usually a six pack.

Shaunp05 06-21-2005 11:37 PM

Dr Pooface Im still trying to get my VAg to work in the last 4 months , Ive tried 3 different
cables, 3 differnt USB converters now Im on my 4th cable which is a USB cable and I bought
a new Laptop as i broke my other one out of anger....
It kinda got me thinking why I love Audi So much, it makes my blood boil for all the wrong reasons

A4-B6-3L 07-09-2015 07:33 PM

These ebay cables do work, I use mine all the time for my A4 B6. You have to make sure the cable is the correct one (mine is "KKL Vag-Com for 409.1" (K-Line No CAN)), and you have to make sure to have the correct software from Ross-tech (mine is "VDS Lite Pre-2006 K-Line No CAN"). After this you plug your cable into your computer and go to "Device Manager" (for windows), look at your "Ports" menu, then right click on the correct device (this might start with something like "USB-SERIAL" (mine is "USB SERIAL CH340 COM3")) then go to properties and left click. Next go to the "Port Setting" tab and click on "Advanced...". At the bottom you will see "COM Port Number". This needs to be set to: COM1, COM2, COM3, or COM4. Choose one of those four options that isn't taken by something else. After you have set the COM port click okay and exit out. The cable can now communicate to your laptop.
Next, plug the cable into your car and then into your computer and turn the ignition to the on position. Open up Vag-Com and click on options, at the top left, set the COM Port to whichever COM (COM1,COM2,COM3,COM4) that you selected, then hit test. It will say "interface found" if everything is done correctly, hit "save" button. You will have to spend the $99.00 for the full software, but it will do some basic functions without purchase.

Hope this helps out, and thanks to everyone helping me out as well! :)