Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VVME HID FOGS Installed- PT 2 - LOW BEAMS INSTALLED-lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VVME HID FOG Installed * Not 56K friendly

here is more pictures

why doesn't audi fogs run indepentantly from the lows .. my bmw does .. how hard is it to do that mod?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
5th Gear

there's a writeup on the diy section i think

Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kaptom540

here is more pictures

close up

why doesn't audi fogs run indepentantly from the lows .. my bmw does .. how hard is it to do that mod?
Need to put the "image" in place of the "IMG". Only need to do that on the first one though, after that it will do it automatically.

As far as the independent fog light mod this is the DIY I followed.
http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/a4/fogs/fogs.html

Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Nice! what kinda $$ are we talkin here??

Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

$88 and change from VVME .. but I had to wait about 4 weeks for delivery from China .. im not sure if you will get any customer support if you have any issues with the kit .. crossing my fingers that i wont have any issues .. if so, i got a great deal .. if i do .. then im out $88 bucks ..

Old 12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

Where did you find the fog setup and how much did you pay

Old 12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Default RE: VVME HID FOGS Installed

Looks great. You did get it backwards though, expecting the fogs to be tougher. The headlight HID install is about 15 or 20 minutes tops. The fogs are, well, you know now. Looks great - you're really gonna love the combination of fogs and low beams. And there is a DIY procedure either on here or Audiworld.com that will show you how to wire the fogs to operate anytime you want, as long as the key is in the ignition and turned on to electrical power.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Looks great. You did get it backwards though, expecting the fogs to be tougher. The headlight HID install is about 15 or 20 minutes tops. The fogs are, well, you know now. Looks great - you're really gonna love the combination of fogs and low beams. And there is a DIY procedure either on here or Audiworld.com that will show you how to wire the fogs to operate anytime you want, as long as the key is in the ignition and turned on to electrical power.
probable right .. i just thought it was a straight plug and play with the fogs .. i didn't realize i had to drill some holes and cut the old wire harness clip and then connect it to the new one .. and get some silicone sealer .. but overall it wasn't too bad .. happy with the end results ..

is the headlights that easy? the pass. side light looks like a pita to remove all that stuff .. but i think i ready to tackle the job .. maybe next weekend .. i have a 3 1/2 year old .. not much time for me to do anything ..

Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Yep the headlights really are that easy. The length of time you take to install them depends on where you mount the ballasts. On the passenger side, there's a bolt into the fender that is used to anchor the airbox. Since I have an aftermarket intake, that bolt isn't used. My HIDs are made by Pilot, and the ballasts have mounting brackets, so I mounted the passenger side one there. That made it pretty easy. When I replace my headlights, I'll mount them to the bottom like most people do. Even so though, the headlights come out pretty easily, so it probably won't take all that long to do, and with not having to rewire anything, it really is plug n play.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:59 AM

im thinking about getting vvme fogs for my car..i already have 6000k headlights from them..im thinking maybe 8000k or 1000k for the fogs..what do you guys think? also, what size is it for the fogs? is the same as the headlights? (n00b question) and lastly, how hard is the installation compared to headlight installation?

Quick Reply: VVME HID FOGS Installed- PT 2 - LOW BEAMS INSTALLED-lots of pics