AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Warranty Work and they dont know what it is so they dont wanna fix it. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/warranty-work-they-dont-know-what-so-they-dont-wanna-fix-83564/)

AudiVirgin 12-03-2007 04:47 PM

Warranty Work and they dont know what it is so they dont wanna fix it.

Ok guys I just took my car in for some warranty work and they said it was my front wheel bearings. They replaced them and my problem is still not fixed. My car is making a popping sound thatI can feel in the break pedal and gas pedal when I turn the wheel when driving slow. My car only has 35k on it. Any Ideas on what this could be? Its drives fine with no pulling to either side but it is just driving me crazy.

Also My brakes are squealing pretty bad in the rears, They did some sort of brake mod about 3k ago but it is still making noise. They won't replace them as the still have lots of wear left on them. It is embarrasing to be driving a Audi and it screaming at other drivers! This should be covered under warrenty even though the pads are fine right?

It has been to the shop 3 times in 4 months thatI have owned the car. This is getting out of handI think. What should I do? Already talked to Manager and he said that my car will be out of Warranty in 13k so for him to spend all kinds of money on it when he knowsI won't be back after the car is out of warrany seams crazy to him. I made the stupid choice to tell my service advisor thatI really don't let people touch my car unless it is warranty work because it is free so they knowI wont be back! What are your thoughs?

CRAZYHAWK 12-03-2007 08:15 PM

RE: Warranty Work and they dont know what it is so they dont wanna fix it.

Try another dealer. They make money on warranty work.

hiwords 12-03-2007 08:20 PM

well first of all, if you have warranty, they have to fix everything until the problem is gone. is it factory warranty? if so you should contact AOA. if it's bought then take it to a different audi shop. i absolufuckingly hate people who lie like that.

onepoint8tee 12-03-2007 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiVirgin
My car is making a popping sound thatI can feel in the break pedal and gas pedal when I turn
Sounds like your abs is activating when its not supposed to (slow speed turns). Probably a bad/dirty/improperly seated abs sensor. Slow speed turns is normally when the abs will activate if the sensor(s) is bad.
Start dealing with a service manager from now on, and if they are still incompetent, get in touch with AOA.

AudiVirgin 12-03-2007 10:34 PM

CRAZYHAWK
Try another dealer. They make money on warranty work.

Yeah I will have to bring it to another dealer. I know a guy at this one but he is just a salesman that's why I used them. When I was a Auto Broker I bought many cars from them as I got the best price.

hiwords

well first of all, if you have warranty, they have to fix everything until the problem is gone. is it factory warranty? if so you should contact AOA. if it's bought then take it to a different audi shop. i absolufuckingly hate people who lie like that.

Yes it is the factory warranty.

onepoint8tee

Sounds like your abs is activating when its not supposed to (slow speed turns). Probably a bad/dirty/improperly seated abs sensor. Slow speed turns is normally when the abs will activate if the sensor(s) is bad.

Thanks bro, I will make sure they check them out.

Anything else it could be so I can make sure to tell them?

Bogie 12-03-2007 11:02 PM

tell the service guy who told you that "your warranty is up in 13K miles, so he shouldn't do the work for you" to stick it. it's his job to make sure your car is running and drivingwell right up to the very day before your odometer rolls past the warrantee mileage.ifhewon't do his job while your car is under warrantee, wtf will he do after your car is past the warrantee? that dick shouldgo work for Kiaor Hyundai where people expect to get crap, but probably still don't. Fu(k that, heshould go work for theDMV.

onepoint8tee 12-03-2007 11:18 PM

From the way you describe it, this is another one of those situations where Im willing to bet a nut that Im right. Tell them to investigate your ABS sensors, and that you talked to someone who is putting their reproductive organ(s) on the line about it.

Bogie 12-03-2007 11:23 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]He has put his right, no, hisleft one on the line at least once before.

onepoint8tee 12-03-2007 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Bogie

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]He has put his right, no, hisleft one on the line at least once before.
And I still have BOTH!
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMidh11...tures/nuts.jpg

AudiVirgin 12-03-2007 11:52 PM

It was the service manager that told me that not my advisor. So I will take it to the other dealer and see what they say.

lol well if your gonna bet your manhood on it I will go with it. but if your wrong I will collect my nut and make a AF trophy and we can pass it on as people on the forum get proven wrong. lol