AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   wheels, suspension, and warranties (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/wheels-suspension-warranties-16221/)

west2005 09-12-2005 12:02 AM

wheels, suspension, and warranties

Ok, I have gotten differing answers about this, so I figured I would post it here. I am planning on getting wheels and coilovers as soon as I can afford them. Will this void my warranty?

Ive had people that have said not at all, others say it will be completely done for, and I seem to think that the only thing it will do is void the coverage of any suspension related parts.

Any ideas? If its the same across the board what is the deal on it? OR does it vary from dealership to dealership and warranty to warranty?

david9999 09-12-2005 12:28 AM

RE: wheels, suspension, and warranties

It will only void suspension related parts, but only if your dealer knows. For instance, they may extend it to wheel bearings as bigger wheels or offset puts a lot of strain on the bearing. The remainder of your warranty will be unaffected.

west2005 09-12-2005 12:31 AM

Thats what I figured.

What do you mean only if the dealer knows? You talking about maybe putting the stock stuff back on before taking it in?

apg96 09-12-2005 12:37 AM

u may bable to even buy some aftermarket wheels from ur dealer. Some parts departments stock a companies wheels so u can buy them. I dont think they will do anything for having wheels. I know that the dealership that we go to they dont care about wheels. Alot of ppl have them on there. They dont mind. Not sure about the coilovers however.

slimmj0k3r 09-12-2005 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: david9999

It will only void suspension related parts, but only if your dealer knows. For instance, they may extend it to wheel bearings as bigger wheels or offset puts a lot of strain on the bearing. The remainder of your warranty will be unaffected.
sounds about right to me. but what apg said u might be able to purchase parts from ur dealer. My dealership has a shop within the dealership where u can purchase various things for your audi....rims, ect ect

and i think he was talking about if anything ever goes wrong with the suspension, and they go and check it. If not you dont HAVE to tell them =)

Yuikio 09-12-2005 03:16 AM

It's not like it's a secret. As soon as they have the car on a lift and the wheels off they will be able to tell for sure. And to answer the original question, I'd be willing to bet that coilovers would void your suspension-related warranty. That means control arms.

afruss2007 09-12-2005 06:36 AM

u may bable to even buy some aftermarket wheels from ur dealer.
Wouldn't they rip you and charge a good bit more than getting the wheels somewhere else?