Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something weird happened to my car today

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 AM
1st Gear
Default Something weird happened to my car today

I live in Michigan and since it's winter our cars get really dirty from salt on the roads, so at the end of the week I always get it washed to get most of the salt off. I wasn't aware that it was gonna get in the negative degrees tonight but I didn't think that it would really matter. But later that nigh I was driving home and I felt a hard spot on my gas pedal like it didn't wanna go past 1/4 throttle, so around the next corner I wanted the drift around it since it was snowy and it's really fun and I pressed the gas pedal past the part where it was a little stiff and boom went to redline and bounced a few times before I grasped what was going on and shut it off. The pedal was all the way to the floor. Then I put my foot under the pedal and brought it back up and started it and took my foot from underneath it and it was fine. On the way home I felt it sticking again so I kept from going past that until I got home. Then I shut the car off and pressed it all the way to the floor and it got stuck again. So I repeated the process from earlier and got it to come unstuck. To you think that this has anything to do with the car wash and it getting super cold that night? Or do you think something else is messing up? I'm not sure if the gas pedal is electronic or not so I'm just looking for some of your ideas. Thanks and also it's a b5 if that matters at all