AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   White smoke problem. dpf removed.. (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/white-smoke-problem-dpf-removed-172686/)

ROCKINRED 08-13-2011 11:31 AM

White smoke problem. dpf removed..

Hi there people, just few questions hopefully someone will have an answer with a problem I'm having, Ive looked through the threads and couldn't find anything similar with DPF removed with white smoke problems.

sorry for the numbers i find it easier to explain that way hope no one has a go at me for it :)

1.Make = Audi Avant SL line 2.0 TDI 170 bhp 2006 model black

2.Bought the car at 94k full service history from Audi one owner ex fleet car
3.Had problems with dpf so called audi break down couldn't fix it told me needed new dpf filter in dealer, to expensive.

4. so went to company that removed the dpf

5. They removed it and went from 170 bhp to 212 alot quicker and notice there was hardly any lag and could hear the turbo when accelerating

6. There was a little bit black smoke coming out of exhaust but they told me it needed to blow out over a couple of days all the shit what was still in there.

7. My car also needed a service so i knew someone who was ex head mechanic in Mitsubishi gone private, mentioned to him what i had done and said there was still smoke coming from exhaust.

8. He service it and found that a value was sticking and sorted it, the car was running fine and hardly any smoke was coming out just the normal amount.

9. it was service 3 weeks ago, 2 days ago noticed loads white smoke coming out of exhaust when starting car and leaving it running and i mean loads, when i drive and accelerate and also in traffic lights it vary s

10. i would ring the bloke but hes gone on holiday so just wondering what could it be, I've checked the radiator bottle and its still the same level as when it was serviced between min and max.

hope explain enough here :)

ROCKINRED 08-19-2011 04:17 PM

no one with help here????

ROCKINRED 09-12-2011 05:35 PM

still struggling to find solution

02A6Beau 09-12-2011 06:56 PM

are you sure the smoke is white? what does it look, taste and smell like?

a dark smoke from the exhaust is soot. with diesel it could indicate a problem with the fuel system (rich condition), a compression problem (incomplete combustion) or any host of other things.

a blueish smoke is usually an indication of burning oil which could come from a whole bunch of different issues, cylinder problems, piston problems, contaminated fuel problems.....

white smoke is usually an indication of water, or a water based liquid somewhere in system. head gasket, water in fuel, exhaust issues.....

most of us are from north america and don't have much experience with the TDI engines.

good luck

The Doctor 09-16-2011 05:02 AM

I own the AUDI A4 1.8T and i also throw white smoke idk why, and also my car went from 170 HP to 60 or less i floor it and my rpm goes up but my MPH metter goes up very slowly

peter.treacy 01-05-2013 12:04 AM

I have the exact same problem . My A6 2.0tdi had an issue with the DPF so it was removed and remapped.

I have had it back twice and each time 2-3 days after I get it back the smoking starts but its not all the time.

Did you get it resolved? if so what did you do?

kanermelody 01-04-2015 06:00 AM

I have white smoke from exhaust with one of my audis. My 2000 a4 1.8t. She's beauty but my buddy forgot to put the e brake down all the way when hitting the highway. Fuel was smelled from back seat. Backseat is always kept down for my subs directly over the fuel pump. The white smoke is more so of a timing issue with your engine. Too much fuel is injected and causes the smoke. A timing issue is the main case.