AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A5 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a5-68/)
-   -   2011 Audi A5 Stasis Package (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a5-68/2011-audi-a5-stasis-package-170370/)

essoewhy 06-14-2011 04:44 PM

2011 Audi A5 Stasis Package

Anyone have any experience with the Stasis upgrade from your Audi dealer? It's 1295 for the SW upgrade + 300 labor from my Audi dealer (Rector in Burlingame, CA). Wondering if I can get it cheaper elsewhere without voiding my warranty. What gets me is the labor cost! It's a simple SW upgrade, what kind of labor could that possible involve???????

Huey52 06-15-2011 07:05 AM

The 2011 A5 ECU must be removed and shipped to Stasis for flash, then returned and re-installed, hence the labor charge.

It's certainly more expensive than other flashes (APR and the like) but comparable factory warranty provided.

Originally Posted by essoewhy (Post 1318157)
Anyone have any experience with the Stasis upgrade from your Audi dealer? It's 1295 for the SW upgrade + 300 labor from my Audi dealer (Rector in Burlingame, CA). Wondering if I can get it cheaper elsewhere without voiding my warranty. What gets me is the labor cost! It's a simple SW upgrade, what kind of labor could that possible involve???????

essoewhy 06-15-2011 02:59 PM

Ah ok...didn't know that...thanks!

ssv22 06-15-2011 04:02 PM

Btw, has anyone got this job done on their car? Is the performance increase noteworthy enough?

essoewhy 06-16-2011 08:58 PM

I've read reviews that the differences are noticeable as you might expect with a 50hp/50lbft increase. I just picked up a Premium Plus 6MT 2 weeks ago with the expectation that I'll get the SW upgrade soon. That way I'll be able to appreciate the difference!

dhhaudi 08-02-2011 10:08 AM

I'm taking delivery of a 2012 A5 Cab this week. I had them add the Stasis software upgrade. I'll post my observations on it after I've driven it a bit.

essoewhy 08-08-2011 03:52 PM

@dhhaudi - Looking forward to the update! I have 2k miles on mine and have set up an appointment for the upgrade in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear your feedback!

dhhaudi 08-15-2011 12:06 PM

I just picked mine up last week, so here's some initial feedback. The difference is very noticeable, particularly at 3000rpm and up. It's right around there when you can really feel a kick. It's also a bit subtle: the engine is so smooth that you hardly notice how fast you're going, and that happens very quickly.

My only complaint has nothing to do with the chip, but rather the exhaust: it sounds like a 4-cylinder. So I am now considering the Stassis exhaust upgrade. Does anyone have any experiences to share on that?

essoewhy 09-06-2011 04:03 PM

Picked up my car last Friday...drove it around all weekend and the difference is definitely noticeable!!! I had about 2600 stock miles on it to ensure that I'd be able to appreciate the increase in torque/hp. It's most noticeable between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and 4th.

But you're right, now I want an exhaust upgrade so the car can sound as good as it feels. Gonna search around for feedback before I pull the trigger.

dhhaudi 09-06-2011 04:39 PM

Awesome, please post what you find!

techorize 09-15-2011 05:00 PM

2011 A5 - ECU upgrade + exhaust

I got both ECU upgrade and exhaust through Stasis in Bellevue, WA a few months ago; there is a significant difference in boost as others have described!

Since I got both together, I don't have a comparison from ECU-only vs. ECU+exhaust, but the sound is much more acceptable now.

I can post some audio later if others are interested.

My problem now is that my A5 is back at the dealer due to oil consumption problems.

I asked Stasis about it and they say the 2.0L T engine, particularly FSI model is notorious for buring through oil, sometimes as much as 1qt per month on the STOCK model! Yesterday the dealer replaced an oil seal and separator to try to address it. Not sure if others are experiencing this, I'm at 12k miles.

There are two phases to the oil consumption test; the first is a calibration, then they have you drive 650-1k miles, then phase 2 (mine had the changes noted above), and I'm in the process of driving another 650-1k miles before they do another evaluation to see if their fixes worked. I'll follow-up after the third visit in the next couple weeks.

dhhaudi 09-16-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by techorize (Post 1334567)
I got both ECU upgrade and exhaust through Stasis in Bellevue, WA a few months ago; there is a significant difference in boost as others have described!

Since I got both together, I don't have a comparison from ECU-only vs. ECU+exhaust, but the sound is much more acceptable now.

I can post some audio later if others are interested.

My problem now is that my A5 is back at the dealer due to oil consumption problems.

I asked Stasis about it and they say the 2.0L T engine, particularly FSI model is notorious for buring through oil, sometimes as much as 1qt per month on the STOCK model! Yesterday the dealer replaced an oil seal and separator to try to address it. Not sure if others are experiencing this, I'm at 12k miles.

I would love to hear some audio! Please also keep us up to date on the oil consumption issue.

ssv22 09-16-2011 01:36 PM

it would be great if you upload a youtube video for the audio part! also, do you think the car accelerates significantly quicker as compared to the stock settings? btw, do you have a manual or auto tranny?
i am hoping to go for a dual exhaust setting soon on my 2.0T manual.

Ay5 09-16-2011 07:38 PM

I had a lot of work done at JBS in chesterfield and can thoroughly recommend them for a "proper" remap - Had my leon up to stage 2 there with thousands spend and would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Speak to Seb and mention the name "Mr Meats" and he may even do you a discount!

Cheers

Jon

techorize 09-20-2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ssv22 (Post 1334734)
it would be great if you upload a youtube video for the audio part! also, do you think the car accelerates significantly quicker as compared to the stock settings? btw, do you have a manual or auto tranny?
i am hoping to go for a dual exhaust setting soon on my 2.0T manual.

Audio: A5_STaSIS.AVI - YouTube

Auto (8-speed) -- yes, it is significantly quicker to 60-80-100 :) I spent about $3k for the upgrades together, but I drive over 100 miles a day on single lane roads so the added boost for passing has been great.

ssv22 09-22-2011 02:01 PM

sounds great!! there is a 'deep' feel to it! great job :) thanks for uploading the video

techorize 11-10-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by techorize (Post 1334567)

There are two phases to the oil consumption test; the first is a calibration, then they have you drive 650-1k miles, then phase 2 (mine had the changes noted above), and I'm in the process of driving another 650-1k miles before they do another evaluation to see if their fixes worked. I'll follow-up after the third visit in the next couple weeks.

FYI, looks like the fixes did the trick; no more oil lights and I'm over 16k miles. now.

williamturner 11-14-2011 07:07 AM

re:

Audi A5 PhotoAudi A5
(Launching Soon)
cc, Manual, Petrol, 7.3 - 11.2 kmpl
Rs. 39,00,000*

The stunning interior of Audi A5 includes steering wheel (paddle shift for automatic models), Black headlining, Matt brushed aluminium inlays ,Perforated leather gear knob and S line embossed Sports seats in Milano leather. This simply assures to take you on a luxurious trip and make you feel the airline comfort.

The compact executive luxury from the German automobile manufacturer is in existence since 2007 which is a symbol of Audi turning back to the mid-size coupe market. The last Coupe model from the company based on Audi 80 got a full stop back in 1996 and after that a convertible variant B6 or B7 appeared but not a coupe. Finally after all those halts and pauses, Audi decided to spin off a cabriolet and new coupe under the nameplate of Audi A5 and 2007 marked the great entry of this luxurious luxo barge. The platform decided for all exclusive Audi A5 was MLP (Modular Longitudinal Platform) which was further plans to carried up in Audi A6 and Audi A8. The platform was designed to bless the models with more even weight distribution in between front and rear wheels, and ultimately come out of the traditional overhung engine placed above the front axle.

Adi A5 is the third coupe in the portfolio and has implemented many design factors of Nuvolari quattro concept. The debut model of A5 appeared with a 3.2-litre FSI V6 engine churning out a peak power of 265 PS. And after all that spectacular configurations and commendable recognition world wide, it is coming to Indian roads to give the users a feel of luxury with style.

The car like Audi A6 would any day take peoples heart when it will come to comfort and supreme nclass. The compact luxury will be available in Indian Auto Market soon and people are extremely excited to welcome the trademark of saloons. The innovative concept of Audi A5 has been awarded with many recognitions world wide and the major reason was its spectacular airline seats which will keep the occupant sticked to it.

Audi A5 Cabriolet
The cabriolet is the Audi A5 specimen with optional head-level heating for when its cold and heat-resistant upholstery for when its hot.
Audi A5 Sportback
Tthis is the sport version of Audi A5 and still you can call it a coupe with 4 doors.
Audi A5 Coupe
The coupe version of Audi A5 is designed with typical two doors and the automatic hood makes it look simply outstanding.

ankitaawasthi 01-04-2012 11:23 PM

Audi A5 Specification:
Audi A5 has a city average of 11.2 (km/liter) and on highways of 13 (km/liter) and fuel tank has capacity of 85 (liter). The car has an overall mileage of 10.6.

The Ex-Showroom price of Audi A5 is Rs. 38,00,000 - Rs. 39,00,000 and A5 is available in 9 namely Monsoon Gray Metallic,Teak Brown Metallic,Moonlight Blue Metallic,Glacier White Metallic,Ibis White,Ice Silver Metallic,Brilliant Red,Phantom Black Pearl,Brilliant Black.

Audi A5 has Petrol engine with 4 Cylinders that can produce a maximum Torque of 330 Nm @ 3250 rpm (Nm@rpm) and Maximum Power of 265 Bhp @ 6500 rpm (PS@rpm). The car has Audi A5 that has a Manual Transmission Type with 6 Manual gears. It has a Front Suspension made of Independent suspension with gas-filled McPherson strut & anti-roll bar and a Semi independent torsion beam with gas filled shock absorbers Rear Suspension with Shock Absorbers. Audi A5 has EPS Steering.

The Audi A5 has a front Ventilated discs brake and Drums brakes in rear. The top Speed of Audi A5 is around 255Km/Hour with a seating capacity of 4 persons and it has 4 Doors.

Mgodwin 01-08-2012 12:33 PM

Considering this upgrade in the Spring...will post my observations...

Erudite Muscle 01-16-2012 09:39 PM

I had the full Challenge Package added to my car and I'm picking it up this week. Will let you guys know how the package performs. My guy at Winner Audi has told me that my car is sitting in the showroom and I could sell it with a mark up if I was so inclined. Of course I'm not.

essoewhy 01-17-2012 10:16 AM

Awesome!!!!

Please post pics of the upgrade....also, did you get the SE11 or SE12 wheels with the package?

Erudite Muscle 01-21-2012 12:11 PM

Pics of 2012 A5 with Touring Package

Decided to back down to the Touring package plus upgraded breaks for two reasons. First, the challenge suspension was backordered for 30-60 days and frankly I don't imagine I'll ever adjust the height. So that was a no-brainer. When I picked up the car it drove exactly as I had hoped, even better actually. The improved height and balance of the car with the performance wheels create an amazing driving experience and the tuned ECU definitely kicks hard at 3000 rpms.

The second reason for the Touring package was a personal distaste for the Challenge exhaust. The exhaust was a disappointment . It droned so badly at 2K-3K rpm range I couldn't imagine driving the car even down the street without ear plugs. So she's still in the shop and they're going to change out the Challenge exhaust for the Touring.

I cannot stress enough what a fantastic mentor Tom Mihok at Winner Audi has been. I'm new to this process and he's been methodical in explaining my options and the process. He practically sends a daily email updating what's going on with the car and what's left to complete. When I was unsatisfied with the exhaust he immediately assured me he would work to find an exhaust that fit my taste and driving style. I will without reservation suggest to anyone who wants to upgrade their A5, and they live in the NE, they should contact Tom at Winner in De.

Erudite Muscle 01-29-2012 10:05 AM

Finished the Stasis Upgrades

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up the car this past week and could not be happier with the outcome. The Challenge Exhaust was too much sound for a daily commute. I backed down to the Touring version and the sound is PERFECT.

As people have noted on this and other forums the tuning really kicks in after the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas. I've just started my 2nd tank and the Hp upgrade is definitely noticeable now. However, don't expect the car to rocket off with you unprepared. The drive remains the seamless audi driving experience you would expect and would not want to change.

The car is remarkably different in it's stance. The lowering springs give it an aggressive look that is much closer to an Aston than mid-tier luxury coupe. With the car parked next to an S5, it's clear the Stasis wheel package is far superior to Audi OEM.

Final feather in my cap was yesterday's drive to my dealer in Tyson's Corner. The entire showroom emptied out to get a glance of the car. Many of them commented on the fact they saw the car approach and didn't recognize it as an A5. After a few minutes giving the guys a tour, a crew from the VW dealership down the road DROVE over to see the car.

Am extremely happy I took the time, and frankly the perceived risk, (BTW I regularly questioned my sanity throughout this process) to put together a car that is exactly what I want and is so rare to find. Further I'm grateful I found Tommy Mihok at Winner Audi in Wilmington, De. This guy: answered my daily emails, sent me pictures of the change in process, and when I told him the Challenge Exhaust was not what I wanted, he assured me he would have the car tuned exactly as I had hoped. He delivered on each promise. If you're in the North East and you're considering mod'ing your car, this is the guy.

ImTheDevil 01-29-2012 10:33 AM

Excellent results, glad to hear it. Might be worth a minute to post your review of that dealership in the Dealership subforum. There are so many bad experiences with dealers, having a good review would be nice.

Car looks great!

essoewhy 01-30-2012 10:47 AM

Nice!!!! Looks really clean, I love it! Think you may have just convinced me to go thru with the full upgrade :-) What year is your A5? I have a 2011 and in order to upgrade the exhaust, I'd have to swap out the rear valance to accommodate dual tips, did you have to do the same? Any problems with that?

Erudite Muscle 01-31-2012 09:40 PM

Stasis Touring Upgrade

My A5 is a 2012. When I took her into the shop she only had a little over 2K in miles. So still pretty fresh off the lot.

I'm pretty certain the upgrade to the exhaust requires a new valence. Thought I heard different different takes. My dealer kept saying that all 2012 A5's had an s-line valence . So if what he was saying was true, I shouldn't have needed one. That said, I left it up to my guy at Winner to sort through that stuff. He got me a good deal on the package. So I never asked about the valence. If he had to upgrade the valence he never mentioned it.

The car is extremely clean. Not for a second do I feel my car looks modded. I absolutely didn't want that. What I wanted was an A5 that made other A5 owners look and wonder what was different about mine.

For a moment I thought I had made a mistake not getting an S5 and maybe my next Audi will be an S. At the moment this car is exactly what I want to drive.

JohnBoyToo 02-01-2012 08:49 AM

Different car, but I'll add my $.02 :)

From the start, the lil 4 banger was good, but not as good as it could be and the engine noise was obnoxious with no exhaust note, the wife wanted something different...

researched options a LOT (having tuned many other cars before)... I heard the drone of the exhaust in test drives and read some not so encouraging reports of warranty wars between Audi and Stasis - exactly what I didn't want having tuned many cars over the years without issue.

I decide to do a revo tune and only replace the two rear resonators with magnaflows... VERY pleased with both, the video in my signature demonstrates acceleration and sound !

good luck !