Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$90!! No way...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
4th Gear
Default $90!! No way...

So, found a broken PCV hose, left side. Went to look for the part and came up with this:

http://www.bestsourceautoparts.com/p.../Breather+Hose

WTF??

No way I'm spending that. Looked around and found a pre-formed WP By-Pass hose from my Mopar that has a 90 degree bend, 5/8". Cut it to length, trimmed the connectors off the Audi plastic hose leaving ~1.5" of hose on each, crammed it into the 5/8" heater hose, secured them with zip ties for good measure (was a tight fit anyways), replaced it on the car, and voila! Works like a charm.

Sorry, no pics.

If the Audi connectors are busted up, a length of 3/4" heater hose and 2 hose clamps work just as well for ~ $5.

90 friggin bucks... who they kidding?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

haha, at least they gave you the 10% discount on it

Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
So, found a broken PCV hose, left side. Went to look for the part and came up with this:

http://www.bestsourceautoparts.com/p.../Breather+Hose

WTF??

No way I'm spending that. Looked around and found a pre-formed WP By-Pass hose from my Mopar that has a 90 degree bend, 5/8". Cut it to length, trimmed the connectors off the Audi plastic hose leaving ~1.5" of hose on each, crammed it into the 5/8" heater hose, secured them with zip ties for good measure (was a tight fit anyways), replaced it on the car, and voila! Works like a charm.

Sorry, no pics.

If the Audi connectors are busted up, a length of 3/4" heater hose and 2 hose clamps work just as well for ~ $5.

90 friggin bucks... who they kidding?
hahahahaha.....funny, I was looking for the same hose as I intend to change them too. That's the passenger side one. The one on the driver side has a T-nipple right in the middle that goes to the Y-spyder valve.
Anyway, from both of them is coming out brown dried-up gunk. They're both almost plugged.
Great timing with your solution. I'm not spending that much (x 2) either.

Thanks, Jim.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 AM
4th Gear

Anyway, from both of them is coming out brown dried-up gunk.
Mine weren't plugged , yet, but they did have that same 'milky' crud you had in your head oil-check valves. Must be time to pull stuff apart and do a cleaning...

Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

You guys didn't scroll down far enough. It clearly says that they will be delivered and installed by a playmate the following day for $90. Sorry they are all on back-order now but THANKS FOR THAT LINK!!! and I don't even have those on my car

Old 04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jackmup
I don't even have those on my car
But of course; the Floridian cars run only with sand...91-94 granulation

Old 04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
But of course; the Floridian cars run only with sand...91-94 granulation
and we visit the bikini car wash 3 times a week...you're missing out!