Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 Audi A6- Turbo is dead but Audi will not fix it.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default 01 Audi A6- Turbo is dead but Audi will not fix it.

I have a major problem. I have an 01 Audi A6 2.7T and it is under warranty until this November. I bought this car Certified Pre-Owned. I know for a fact my turbo is gone. My car lacks pickup, it takes 2 seconds when I hit the accelerator for the car to actually start moving, and the engine sounds horrible (not winding up, sounds more like its struggling to get power). The dealership I go to is saying that my car is fine and there is nothing wrong with it. Is there anything I can do so the dealership will fix the turbo or replace it? Thanks for the help.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:55 PM
gpz
1st Gear
Default RE: 01 Audi A6- Turbo is dead but Audi will not fix it.

Go and get it diagnosed at a different dealership. Don't mention taking it to the other dealer's service dept. at all. Then see what they say. If that answer isn't satisfactory, get it diagnosed at an independent mechanic.

good luck

Old 08-23-2006, 02:19 AM
3rd Gear

Depending on your area a call to corporate can get things moving as well.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:54 AM
1st Gear

How could I get in touch with corporate?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

Howdy, Everything could work out great, but hope for the best and plan for the worst. You should expect the dealership to completly deny the problem. DO NOT expect them to have your best interest in mind. When your turbo goes out 8 miles after your warrenty expires trust me they will have no problem charging you full price for the repair and then say it was just bad luck and have trouble remembering that you came in 5 weeks prior complaining of the same problem. Maybe someone else has had a different experience, but I do not think Audi dealers are at all interested in customer satisfaction if you need repairs or drive an older car (1998 A6). If you lease a new car every three years, then they consider you a customer and treat you right.
1. The first thing you need to do is start documenting the situation. I would send a certified letter to the general manager of the dealership explaining the problem.
2. When they continue to ignore you, send a letter to the corperate office. After they ignore you...
3. Find an independent mechanic who was/is an audi certified mechanic and get them to diagnois and document the problem.
4. Send letters to the better business bureau, state office of dealer licenses, state office of the NADA, AAA, attorney general, Geraldo.
5. Get a lawyer.

or just pay for the repair.
Good luck and make notes here of what happens.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:32 AM
3rd Gear

Any complaint made under warranty but not verifyed is almost always completly covered if it is verifyed within 10k miles or 1 year out of warranty. But the old saying crap rolls downhill is really true. If someone at the top hears about something most likly it will trickle down to the guy fixing your car. Find a phone number for customer satisfaction for audi of america. Youll probably have to ask for a manager. And dont expcect the first phone call to be the answear. If your not satisfyed with the answear you get ask them who else you can speak with about your concern. Youll spend alot of time on the phone but it may wind up saving you thosands of dollars in the end.