Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 evo to 00 A6 2.7T

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Default 03 evo to 00 A6 2.7T

Just as it states, I currently own an 03 Evo but I'm looking at switching up to save money. I'm getting ready to pay off my evo 27K or I could trade in and get an A6 and pay it off at 17K and save around 10K. I know where's the question. I was wondering if there is a difference between the A6 and the S4 or R S4 I think it is. I'm brand new to Audi, so I know nothing. I'm not looking at building a nasty A6 like you can build the Evo's, I know they are totally different and the market is different. I just wanted to save some money and have a very classy car with some mild performance.
1. what turbo upgrades are there
2. Can u upgrade to a FMIC
3. What type of engine management is out there/ fuel management
4. Can you change the auto trip to a 6spd tranny
5. Internal upgrades anyone?
6. Boost controllers and turbo timers?
7. Basically I would like a mid 300hp to a 400hp A6
8. Body styling options?

I have done a search on the car and havent found much, other than a chip upgrade to put her at 320bhp. Has anyone gone to just a single turbo system?
I really just wanted to see what is out there so any help would be appreciated

Old 07-06-2005, 01:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 03 evo to 00 A6 2.7T

The S4 and the 2.7T A6 are mechanicaly the same car, other than the A6 being bigger. As for the RS4 it has K04 turbos, bigger intercoolers, bigger intake track, more aggressive cams, ect... and was only foreign market, not in the States. As far as your questions goes, turbos... most popular upgrade is the K04, but there are more out there. FMIC... on an A6 most just upgrade to bigger side mount intercoolers, on the S4 FMIC are more readily available. Engine Management... Most just upgrade to a "chip" which can later be custom written for further upgrades. Tip to 6spd.... just buy a 6spd car, either A6 or S4. Internals... have seen cams and upper intake parts but not bottem end stuff, sure its out there I have just never seen them. Boost Controller/ TT.... the "chip" ups the boost to around 15psi and is what most people rely on although any controller should work, and the Timer is a heated debate, if you want one get one if not just sit there and let the car cool off. Horsepower.... a chip will like you said put you over 300 hp to the motor. Over that you are looking at full exhaust, upgraded turbos ect... but around 400~500 is not unheard of to the motor. Body Styling.... more stuff is available the the S4 than the A6, both have front bumpers available, but the S4 has much more.

hope this helps
Andy