Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 A6 Avant: where does hose from headlight washer connect??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 PM
1st Gear
Default '04 A6 Avant: where does hose from headlight washer connect??

Reservoir for the windshield washers was leaking. I bought a new one and removed the old one. Much to my surprise, there were two pumps, one on the outboard side (headlights) and one on the inboard side (windshield) of the tank. I assumed the larger pump was for the windshield and the smaller one for the headlights. Wrong, it was just the opposite.

When I removed the tank, I accidentally pulled off the other end of the hose, which is attached to the headlight washer pump. (Accidentally because I had no idea if was there.) It's interesting that the two pumps snap in to indentations on the tank that are the same size as the pump diameter. Once they are snapped in, no other attachment is used., other than the

I have it all back together, which took some doing since I don't have access to a lift. Now I have one problem: I do not know what the end of the headlight washer hose should be attached to.

I'm thinking it will either connect to another hose or to a fixed connector.I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions about where I should look.

(I can send photos of the tank I removed showing the various connections. Because of the odd shape, it is very important to remember what came from where on the tank.)