Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 A6 "S-Line" - Wheels - FYI & Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Question '04 A6 "S-Line" - Wheels - FYI & Suggestions

Need some help/suggestions on fitting wheels on my 04 A6 "S-Line". There are very limited wheels available for this car. The limitation is because of the oversized front rotors. The standard A6 has 11.34x.984 rotors whereas the S-Line has 12.6x1.18.

While that may not seem like much it makes all the difference if (and when) you want after market wheels on your car. So... if you are into customizing your car you may not want to go with this particular model or at least go into it understanding that there will be more limitations.

The wheel setup on this model is 18x8 with a 35 offset. I am hoping to find a 18x9 so that I can have the balance of performance with comfort. The other thought of this is to keep the rotational weight down as rims are generally heavier then tires.

I have tried Hartmann, August, Discount, etc. None of them seem to have a firm grasp of what will fit and what won't.

If you have this model: what fits? if you don't have this model, but are considered knowledgeable on wheels then please chim in.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 AM
2nd Gear

The rotors on your 04 s-line are slightly smaller than the rotors on my 05 4.2, which are 12.64 X 1.19. I recently purchased wheels from Hartmann and did not have any clearance issues.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
1st Gear

So maybe that is the trick is to get them for the A6 4.2 vs getting them for anything smaller, ie 3.0, 2.8, etc.

Kevin, Do you happen to know what the wheel size and more specifically the offset is on your vehicle and wheels (original and aftermarket)?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 AM
2nd Gear

The wheels I purchased, which were originally designed for the S8, were 18x8 with a +35 offset. If you take a look at Hartmann's site they identify which wheels fit which Audi models. I would think if a wheel fit both the C5 and the C6 that you would be fine.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

They do not specifically list wheels that will fit the "S-Line". I called them and asked. They suggested going to achtuning.com which I did, but still no listing specifically for the S-Line which does make a difference.

I went to the local Discount Tire last night. Turns out that they have added a note in their system that says that if you have the "HP-2" brake system then it will reduce the selection.

I am still trying the A6 4.2 route.