Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Audi A6 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default 1996 Audi A6 Quattro

Hey guys I don't know too much about the Audi line up and I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to beef up my engine? I have the 2.8L Quattro system on the A6 platform, can you ut in a supercharger, Turbo, anything at all to beef this up a bit?
Anything helps thanks guys.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

you can turbo anything. But I suspect since you are asking, you don't have 3 grand to do it right, and you haven't even tried a reasonable google search to find out

Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 AM
1st Gear

Well dickhole I was honestly hoping someone would put a reply in here to help me out but since I have to deal with you right now I guess I will have fun till my question is answered.
You cannot Turbo anything. I cannot Turbo my microwave and a cannot throw a Turbo into my skateboard so lets not be a smartass. As far as your Google search comment. Yes I have searched it and yes I did find a turbo kit, in fact there are many turbo kits that are available. Even ones that are big enough for a her plane. If I lut my question on here dont you think I tried the intranet and the googles to see if anything would fit. Yes I did. I don't know too much about the Audi line up and what can and cannot be put in my A6. Oh and to your comment about money......Pisa off you dont need to know my moolah like that son!!!! I may be a bum begging for money or I may be someone's important child. I may be important myself or I could be an average Joe shmo ......but you will never know. Anyways I'm done and still waiting for a good reply to my initial question. PEACE!

Old 09-24-2017, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

Mr Canadian Dickhole to you

I will throw it back this way. My point wasn't to **** all over your party. But if you did the search in this forum and other MANY Audi forums, you will see how many n00bs have asked this question.

Like your initial searching found, there are turbo kits. And ya you can even toss in an Eaton supercharger or the Pez ones, that blow up on you.

The 2.8l engine was one of the most non interest tuneable engines out there. Found in a third google link.

What would have been a better posting, instead of asking something of the same caliber as "When do I change my oil?"

A better post Would be to layout what you've found in the way of currently available turbo kits and ask opinions on them. Add to that, What is the history and milage on your car/engine. Did you rebuild or do a compression test to get an idea it its strong enough to do what you want. Do you even have or know someone with fab experience who can help you with piping? Or even ask about what ECU tuning options there are, MSPNP or others and what experience people have with those. 3 psi, 7 psi, 20 psi, how much boost you want? plans for your fuel pump upgrades? Use an FPR ,or swap in new injectors or stick with stock???

Asking an open ended soft sell doesn't get anyones attention who knows anything about stuff to even help you.

Maybe you'd be better to do a 150 shot and move on.

Opinions are shared from your next door neighbour Canadian *******

Last edited by twopedalwarrior; 09-24-2017 at 10:08 PM.