Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 A6 Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Default 1997 A6 Electrical Problem

Greetings from a newbie. To show good form, I did a search of the forum before posting.
Unfortunately I know so little about the problem it is difficult to research.

I have a 1997 A6 Quattro Stationwagon. Relatively low miles (under 75k).

Had the battery warning light go on the other day. Then followed by...I believe it was the airbag warning light.

It has a new battery and I suspected the alternator was failing.

We drove it to the dealership which is about 5 miles away and the car went dead enroute on the highway. Lost the engine, power breakes etc. Once pulled over, it wouldn't turn over. It was towed on a flatbed to the dealership and the driver was able to drive it right off the truck. It started just fine.

It has been at the dealership for two weeks now. The feedback I'm getting is "we know there is a problem but the diagnostics are coming back okay. There is probably a shorted wire somewhere we can't find."

I understand electrical issues are hard to diagnose. However I am hoping that by some miracle someone else here has had a similar experience and can share how it was fixed.

Any help? Suggestions?

Thanks!
Rick

Old 12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: 1997 A6 Electrical Problem

Hi rbucich, welcome to the forum! Sorry I wish I was able to help you, seems like a needle in a haystack.