Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 wagon sunroof issues (yes i searched)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Default 1997 wagon sunroof issues (yes i searched)

I'm having a problem with the sunroof on my 97 a6 quattro wagon. Last summer the sunroof liked to open at random times and now it just won't work at all. I have done all of the obvious stuff: checked fuses, cleaned the contacts on the potentiometer and checked the wiring. I searched the forums and wasn't able to find anyone who had the same issue in the same model year, soI just wanted to make sure of some things before I ordered a new potentiometerswitch.

1. Is there a possibility that it is the whole motor? It was never sluggish leading up to when it stopped working,and i really don't want to remove it and hook it to a 12 volt source to test it, it looks like a real pita.
2. Are there any other things that control the sunroof that could have gone bad between the fusebox and the switch?
3. Has anyone else had this same problem and replaced the switch? If so did that fix it?

I appreciate any help you guys can offer me. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM
SSn
1st Gear
Default RE: 1997 wagon sunroof issues (yes i searched)

Could be the motor, it's not just motor in there, it has a microscheme with it controlling it's operation besides the switch.

My sunroof does not work and that microscheme is the problem, I checked the motor and everything else, it works. Too bad they don't sell those separatelly, it cost 100$ to get the whole motor assembly.

ps/ why does Norris have a PKSM machine ghun on your picture? That must be replaced with M60 =)

Old 04-18-2016, 03:10 AM
1st Gear

1997 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon sunroof stopped working all together, had to use the little tool to close it all the way. Clicking sound in the box where the motor is located. The light in that chamber works correctly and the switch seemed a bit screwy, but one day it just went out and now it just clicks once when I turn the switch. Any thoughts? New motor? I don't think it's the switch or the relay. Help?