Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7T Problems and maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default 2.7T Problems and maintenance

I am currently looking to purchase an A6 2.7T @90K. The cost of the maintenance is daunting...and the dealer is already changing the timing belt because of ticking noises.

I just want my car to drive reliably... i am not looking to chip-it and really just want to use it as a comfortable commuter car since i fit in it well and enjoy the interior. should i still look into piggies??? replacement turbos?? I have drastically changed my driving style to non aggressive and try to drive in a way that preserves the car.. the engine and breaks. I am talking to the mechanic and based on what i've read here should i still hit him with the following check-up list?see below...

Replace Timing Belt along with the belt tensioner, water pump, pullies(?)and serp belt.
Check/replace The Oxyegen Sensors
Check Front Suspension Tie Rods/Control Rods
Replace Fuel Filter
Check vacuum Hoses
Check Turbos for Signs of Failure – or replace turbos!!
Check Temp Sender for update (should be green)
Check cv Joints/boots
Check breaks and rotors
[ol][/ol]
Would what would you add? what would you remove!? this is alot of money for me to shell-out for a car that hasn't even left the lot.

Little help

Thanks!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Friends? little help with 2.7T

Wrong! Its not bashed for problems! You need to maintain maintain maintain. Lack of that causesproblems...go buy a Honda.

But your list is spot on for what you should check.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2.7T Problems and maintenance

I have a '01 2.7 for sale if ur interesetd. email me at taylorwelker47@yahoo.com - 65k miles on the car

Old 11-19-2007, 07:58 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: 2.7T Problems and maintenance

Have the car professionally examined by someone who knows Audis. All that you listed, plus more. You should also go through every option and feature....radio, CD, sunroof, windows, etc. to make sure everything works. I would not replace the turbos unless they fail. If they fail, the car is driveable, just dog-butt slow without the boost. Why pay $3000 for no reason. And 90k is a good time to replace the timing belt. Otherwise use a good synthetic oil and let the car warm up in the winter before driving it hard.

If you take care of an Audi, it will run fine for a long time.