Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 Fuel Injector Circuit Open???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Default 2.8 Fuel Injector Circuit Open???

A6 2000 2.8
Fuel Injector Circuit Open
hi every1, well here i am all frustrated and most likely is all my fault, last night i took my car on I-5 going up to 149mph without noticing any problem or something unusual on the engine, so obviously after that I passed that clear area i slowed down to regular/speed limit until i got in home and parked my car without noticing any change or something, than this morning that i had to go out when i took my car i got that little light that we all hate, "Check Engine", so i am getting this code
P1240
Cyl.4-Fuel Inj. Circ. Open Circ.
now i have done some searching but i cant really find anything, any1 out there that could help me pls, or a link where i can read a full info or/and how to fix it, thanks i really appreciate any help.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Site Moderator

Is the code intermittent? Does it run like a cylinder is misfiring? If its running ok, erase the fault code and see if it comes back. Injector problems are rare on the 2.8L engine.

P.S. i wouldn't go that fast in a 2.8L, the suspension isn't fantastically stiff for those kinds of speeds. I-5 is heavilly patrolled too, use a race track if you want to be silly.

Last edited by auditech79; 05-16-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:53 PM

thanks "auditech79" the code wasn’t intermittent, actually i erased the code right after i wrote down the code with that purpose to see if would come back, so i went to few places today and hasnt come back yet. i dont think there is a cylinder misfiring because all runs great and there is any difference that i could noticed, and like i said i went out to few places today and hasnt come back yet neither any difference. i am up on WA state and i know pretty good the area where i drive so i was on this long, long straight part where i know that there is not patrolling and this guy was just bothering me since back few miles (a TransAm around '96 i think.. with Xenon light—haaa what an cheesy old american car with those lights, my car came with oem xenon lol) anyways this guy was just bothering and getting all close behind me and than running like to 100 miles stopping getting behind me over and over so for the model of the car i knew that was "electronically limited/governed" plus i knew that wasn’t that clear area but when we got on the area that i know that is usually clear and very long and straight i just wanted to show him what a SEDAN German car can do comparing to his SPORT american piece of crap, and of course in RPMs he was faster from 70 to 110 the speed limit cause I knew those cars have a v8 5.7 i think,,, and took me little bit more to speed up cause you know 2.8 is not that fast on RPMs but after his speed limited i just left him way behind, stupid i know and actually he was lucky that i wasn’t driving my M3 lol.... by the ways that suspension feels pretty good so far, I guess still in a very good condition now since I got it all replaced, I will keep in mind your advice thou, thanks mate.

Originally Posted by auditech79
Is the code intermittent? Does it run like a cylinder is misfiring? If its running ok, erase the fault code and see if it comes back. Injector problems are rare on the 2.8L engine.

P.S. i wouldn't go that fast in a 2.8L, the suspension isn't fantastically stiff for those kinds of speeds. I-5 is heavilly patrolled too, use a race track if you want to be silly.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Site Moderator

Errr, ok then. You "raced" a trans am with a 2.8L A6 and "left him behind"? Easy on the american car bashing.
I've owned lots of "american crap" and i can tell you that even if your fire breathing 2.8L had a PES supercharger a trans am would still dust you, even at high speed. A stock 96 trans am with a crappy little LT1 block puts out 300 horsepower and 330 ftlbs of torque, and its lighter than your car. You may have raced a 3.4 or 3.8L V6 (buick engine) firebird which you could have kept up with......maybe. A US spec 97 M3 is weaksauce too. I also have a major problem with racing on public roads, but im not gonna tell you what to do.