Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation tranny Help!

ok so I am going though it with my devil car rightnow. I just had these things replaced...valve cover gaskets and cam ten seals...right rear torsen seal and flange that with replaced with new updated flange and seal...that was for the fluid leaks. I also have issues with the transmission as follows....when car is first started in morning afterresting all night and I shift from P to R it delays for about 3 seconds then slams into reverse. also when coming to a slow roll then hitting the gas car will sometimes slam. at highway speeds the tranny is fine its only in city driving. when car is cold and I drive it will hang onto first gear and stay around 3 grand untill I really give it the gas. so its annoying if I am just crusing down my road at 25 30 not sure if this is just the cars way of warming up because its only when its cold. and the only other issue is if I am just city drinving say doing 40 and I just touch the gas to keep up speed when I let go the rpm neddle bounces real quick and I feel a little resistence like a really fast tap to the brakes. if I am on the gas up and hill and let off the gas as soon as I start going down the hill the rpms will just like bounce up and down up and down untill I give it more gas or slow down. I am told this issue could be fixed by doing a full engine and injector cleaning because of a heavy carbon build up in the throttle body. aslo with the reverve slam they did this service that did not work....defective shift interlock in shifter housing n110 ran gff and went though programs and found the n100 shift interlocks to be interminitly defective...the part number they replaces was 4B0-713-041-S. I hope someone out there knows what I am talking about...thanks so much..the car is a 2004 A6 2.7 T s line auto awd. 60k

Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 AM
4th Gear

The tranny problem actually sounds like low fluid level.. classic signs actually.

As for the rpm thing, could be the fuel shutoff.. modern engines have the fuel completely shut off when the throttle is released... this makes you 'engine break' which slows you down pretty quick. If you 'blip' the throttle then let go like you say, it'll feel stronger.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 AM
1st Gear

hey thanks....the only thing is the fluid level is full because I just had the service on the torsen seal and they topped off the fluids after. I am bringing the car in the shop this moring because now my check engine light is on reading codes for the secondary air system banks one and two...I just had the air pump replaced 3 weeks ago so not sure why its on now.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Epr7339
hey thanks....the only thing is the fluid level is full because I just had the service on the torsen seal and they topped off the fluids after. I am bringing the car in the shop this moring because now my check engine light is on reading codes for the secondary air system banks one and two...I just had the air pump replaced 3 weeks ago so not sure why its on now.
Unless you have a transmission dipstick, I doubt they "topped off" the transmission fluid. What they topped off probably was the differential fluid (or changed it).
Did the service include transmission fluid change?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:08 PM

if your sure your tranny fluid is ok, the next step may be to check your tranny switch, cuz when faulty can present with similar problems

Old 06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
Unless you have a transmission dipstick, I doubt they "topped off" the transmission fluid. What they topped off probably was the differential fluid (or changed it).
Did the service include transmission fluid change?
Agree..