Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 A6 passenger door seating weird

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear
Question 2001 A6 passenger door seating weird

I noticed recently that my passenger door was letting more road noise in than usual. When I took a look I noticed the door was scraping the bottom jam when closing and when closed, seems to close too far. Also the interior of the door has a lot more space between it and the dash board. The strange part is it seems to be closing too far on the outside but not far enough on the inside. Ideally I could adjust the jam or hinge and fix it. However, my fear is that there is damage from a wreck. I bought it as a certified Audi 2 years ago and the Carfax was clean on it. Any ideas or theories would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

If the accident was never reported, then it was never reported to one of these third party reporting agencies.

Also, if the body work was not performed at an Audi dealership, there would be no history of the damage sustained to the vehicle.

From what your describing above, I would have to assume your car sustained some damage at one point in it's life.

Take it to a reputable body shop have them assess the door and ask them how they would go about correcting it. Start there and then get a second quote. Before you know it you'll have a pretty darn good idea of what the problem is and what would be a resonanly fair price to fix the door. Just my two cents