Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Suggestions (NEW)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 Audi A6 2.7T Suggestions (NEW)

I searched and couldnt find anything regarding any of the things i am about to mention. So, let me know if im blind as a bat!
I currently put 2 2.25" magnaflow performance mufflers on my 2.7T, chopped the ressinator off and straight piped it to the back. Then instead of chopping my rear bumper apart i decided id go for a look i havent seen yet. I just dropped the muflers down an inch or two and added chrome tips to come out from underneath the bumper...looks amazing. The sound i got from all of this is sexy, but just wasent as loud as i was expecting. Any suggestions on how i can boost this a little bit? cars unchipped, and i dont really want to go that route due to turbo life being cut down. I asked O' Reilys and a local shop about upgrading my intake, both said to leave what i have cause its top of the line as far as they are concerned. Are they right?

And as far as some exterior modifciations id like to add. I have been thinking about the old audi rally cars and how they blew away the rally circuit. I was thinking about adding some rally stripes to my car to sort of re-live that. I realize my car isnt going to be on the track anytime soon. But still think it would look really nice. my car is racing green, Very dark. So i think some graphite or dark grey stripes would look nice. as far as wheels are concerned, i just bought 4 brand new tires. So it would be stupid to buy new wheels and have to buy a whole new set of tires. So, there going to be stock for awhile. Tint? thinking about adding a 50% tint (legal limit where im at) wondering if that looks tacky in your opinions. I think it would be nice for the hot summer days, and save my leather seats. But dont wanna ruin the cars look for those. And has anyone had any experience with body kits on these cars? how about wings? any suggestions are apreciated!

thanks, Christian Pederson

Old 10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

You are worried about tint looking tacky yet you are going to add stripes and you are thinking about body kits and wings? That would be tacky.

Sorry to be blunt but you wanted our opinions.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:20 PM
2nd Gear

Don't you want the Honda forums?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:22 PM
1st Gear

Rally stripes aren't my cup of tea, but if you think it'll look cool then go for it. As for the tint, I don't think it's tacky at all. Matter of fact, down here in S. Fla. it's very common. Snap a picture of how your exhaust looks from the rear...nothing dirty now!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
3rd Gear

Rally stripes - it will look like an old Opel. I suggest darker tint for the rear window. It's not illegal, and will cut down on the light when a moron in an SUV follows you with his/her brights on.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

Im okay with criticism. Body kits look nice on the front concidering the a6 has the narrow front, makes it look beefier. But thats just my opinion. Rally stripes im 60/40 on. I think it will have a unique and also sentimental look