Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 MONTHS WOW **UPDATE #5**

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear
Default 5 MONTHS WOW **UPDATE #5**

Specifics...

2002 Audi A6 3.0

CEL has been on for a few months code came back as an OS sensor. Also my Oil light (yellow one)comes on even though the oil level is fine, I am sure the sensor in the oil pan has gone bad.

So tonight I'm on my way home and the car starts sputtering real bad but never dies. The intensity of the sputter would increase and decrease and the car seemed to run it's best when I sped up. At the same time the sputtering started my CEL started blinking. Also the car now sounds like a Diesel engine.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Car running like crap.

have the codes pulled on it, i would bet that you lost an ignition coil.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2002 A6 3.0 Quattro, that is the exact sequence and symptoms I experinced ....# 6 coil was bad I replaced it and cleaned the plugs and the car ran fine ,execpta few days later # 1 coil failed and the right side upstream o2 sensor .. I am still working on the engine so I cant tellyou how I made out yet.....I have 93K on it and ime going to spend the time replacing everything that can be replaced within reason ....

Old 11-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Site Moderator

I concur with the ignition coil diagnosis, check the fault codes, if there is a miss-fire on one cylinder replace that ignition coil.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:39 AM

New to the board. Hello all. Just a stab in the dark. Had a similar problem recently - turned out to be seized water-pump.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Car running like crap. **Update**

**Update**

Well I finally got it to the shop today, unfortunatly because my problem happened on a holiday today was the first day available. Ignition coil was my problem but I have some additional surprises. I had a total of 5 faults. The Misfire (coil) andthe OS Sensor I knew about.

Then I had two seperate ones related to the Bank 1 camshaft. Unfortunatly I didn't get the code so I don't have it to offer . The mechanic is a very cool and nice guy who I talked with for a while. He's a certified Audi mechanic and seemed to have a lot of knowledge. He said it had to do with Oil Pressure so maybe my oil light wasn't a bad oil pan sensor which I have thought it had always been.

He did say that if it was what his initial feeling was that it would shake/jerk a little on cold start until the pressure built up and I told him that I hadn't experience any of that... so who knows. He should be able to give me a good update tomorrow.

Any ideas what the camshaft issue might be?

By the way the input I get from this place really helps when I'm dealing with mechanics. So if nothing else these forums help some of us from getting ripped off.... I'm sure of that.

Thanks, Michael

Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

BAd News!!!!!!!!!

The Independent mechanic says I need to carry to the dealer because I am I'm not getting enough oil pressure and he's hoping I can get it covered by AUDI.

He says that the motor is shaking really bad and if he turns it off and back on the shaking stops.

The car is out of warranty and I do not have my history of oil changes, only the last year or so. (bought the car used) I know AUDI isn't going to do anything for me.

What could it be? And how much is this fricken thing going to cost me? Any ideas?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

It sucks to love a car so much but hate owning it equally as much...

OK, They replaced the Ignition coil and it is still missing. They say it could be #4 cylinder stuck open or a cam Belt or something like that has skipped a tooth. Either way they asked me to sit down before giving me the news that the car was still not running properly.

Why do I feel like a family member in a waiting room about to get really bad news about the passing of a loved one?

Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM

*Get Well Soon*
*Flowers*

Old 12-28-2007, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

Well it isn't a funeral but it hurts still the same.

SLUDGE!!!!!!!!

$3600 plus I had new plugs, and a few other minor things done for a total of $4300

My love hate relationship with Audi continues..........

Quick Reply: 5 MONTHS WOW **UPDATE #5**